29.4mm clamp - WHERE!!!!

aljsk8

Dirt Disciple
any one know where i can get hold of a 29.4mm seat-tube clamp

so its the clamp and the internal diameter is 29.4mm - (give or take 0.1mm would be acceptable)

i just cant find this size anywhere

thanks

Alex

What bike is that for, the only near size to that is a 30mm clamp that goes on some Treks and Fishers and a number of others. Salsa do one to fit that size.

I would remeasure if I was you. No clamp was made in 29.4mm - only seat posts. There are three standard sizes for seat post clamps and these correspond exactly with the 3 sizes of front mech: 28.6, 31.8 and 34.9mm - ie if you front mech is a 28.6mm then your seat clamp will be 28.6mm as your seat tube will be a similar size all the way along. The only odd one is the 30mm clamp that is used on some carbon frames.

IIRC most Sunns used a 26.4mm seatpost and a 28.6mm front mech (the steel ones did at least) so the clamp should be a 28.6mm. I think you'll be searching for a very long time to find a clamp in 29.4mm

well guys

im right

your wrong!

:LOL:

on a serious note - i still need this size!!!!

i measured it again and it is 29.4mm - i can take a photo if you want!
heres the thing - further down (most of the tube) its 28.6mm
then about an inch before all the stays etc meet the tube it gets thicker

so im guessing its externally butted

what do i do

???

You could buy a 28.6 clamp, and get it Machined out to the size you need. 29.4 is only another 0.8 Dia bigger and wouldn't weaken it very much.

My wifes Klien has a 36.5. I got it from the Evans special part hot line, sorry dont have the number. But they seemed to have access to some odd-er items.

Back