NOS SunTour Wishbone Shifters

DoctorRad

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice find, they are lovely levers - all the quality of XC-pro but with far better ergonomics. I am a big fan of wishbones with a set of these, a set of mavics and a set of simplex to my name. Always seems odd that thumbshifters took off when these didn't, maybe because shimano never got a decent set out?

Yeah, I had a pair of the plastic XCM-level wishbones I picked up in Germany which I absolutely ran into the ground in the mid-90s.

Never saw a pair of either quality level for sale in the UK, but by then, I get the impression that SunTour was something of a thorn in RonKit / Zyro's side. Apparently, when the original incarnation of SunTour folded, they just chucked all their remaining stock into a skip. I went to their offices in Harrogate and bought as much I could afford beforehand as I had a contact via their shop in York.

'seller's found some more- I've bought one set another pair listed on ebay.

AND imho there better than mavic ones :D

DoctorRad":3ezhu4se said:
Just won these :D :D :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

My '92 Xizang SunTour special build may be coming together soon. Need some suitable forks, can't believe I chucked out some P2s in about 2002. U-brake on the rear too...

Hey, I'm building 92 Xizang with suntour parts too and bought same wishbones from Dawid. He's selling some stuff here. I'm looking for a forks as well. Are you clone of mine or in reverse? :? That's spooky...
Well, it looks like my plans about Xizang build are not original anymore :cry:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back