Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October 2009 - Oneschnark's Grove Innovation Titanium

• November 2009 - 24pouces' 1988 Cannondale SM600

• December 2009 - bushpig's Mantis X Frame

• Total voters
C-26 great build, iconic bike... Winner. Would have gone for the STS though but too bling... Gotta love GT

C-26 for overall significance. The amount of time and effort put into that thing is off the chart. Its a one of a kind.

Reminds me of another certain BOTY winner who kicks a lot of ass.

It seems the retro-esque bikes are full in fashion. Bikes that are inspired on and show resemblance in concept with the thoroughbreds of yesteryear. The C-26 was put together recently and its Accutrax contains carbon and Bas' Serotta features a modern era paintscheme and several modern parts as well. Both great concepts and interesting bikes, but not proper vintage.

It is a disgrace the Grove got only the amount of votes it did untill now. It is a simple bike, but them who are more into detail know it is among -if not the one- the ones constructed with most care and attention. You can discuss whether function matters in this contest, but on this field it would probably beat all too. Among the low number votes is not mine btw, but as Miyata aficionado since my 1st proper bike I had no option.

3 Yetis? Wow.

I spent far too long deliberating over this, and voted for Hairstream's Ultimate.

Was going to go for the Manitou after lusting after it in MBUK all those years ago but went for the Dynatech in the end as everytime it pops up on here it makes me smile. The fact it's a rider is also a bonus. :cool:

For me there is little merit in the catalogue-correct (save for museum pieces), nor in the time/effort/money spent... I prefer a fluid mix of the evocative 'period-correct' and the infinite challenge of being 'free' to build an old frame up as a 'retro' one - so much more scope for disaster/success (as we all know) and far, far less likely to scoop a popularist poll such as this!

My four BoTYs are:

4. Mike's C-26
3. Pete's Manitou
2. Phillipe's Grove

1. Hairstream's Ultimate

Mr K

PS. Looking forward to an equally interesting 'Also Ran' poll - watch this space.... ;-)

Back