L'eroica 2010

Makrie":18pp6fon said:
We'd (my wife and I) be keen for sure. We've got a brand new baby to contend with, but by then she'll be over a year old and as the race is just for a day I'm sure we could work something out!

Yeah those baby bike seats are great, might struggle to get a pre '83 one though :D

It's a good idea !
There's a french concentration like that too near Bordeaux. You have to ride a bike before 1980.
but for the heroïca, you need to have the legs.

What was cool with the OWMTBC, the race was funny and not too hard Only pleasure to ride. What was important in that week-end was to meet themselve, who share the same passion. Some were very strong on a bike, som weren't. But it was not a problem ;)

I'd be seriously interested - been on my 'to-do' list for a few years and as I'm nearing the completion of my 1983 Gios restoration I have to justify spending all that money and time on the thing! From my understanding the 200k route is a real leg-burner - the combination or rolling terrain and limestone roads is not to be under-estimated

I hope I will have my all Japanese Zebra Bicycle ready.

8 months for bar tape - I think I will manage that

3622241676_f1cc75c329_b.jpg

Bit of a ressurection but I think I have bought a bike that 'needs' to be at L'Eroica. How many retrobikers are going to be in attendance and can anyone point me in the direction of bike friendly airlines / places to stay - it was a bit of an impulsive decision!

I did contact Italian Bike Tours who ran a tour last year but are undecided for 2010 - with entries only open for riders on historic bikes they don't see as much demand. Happy to do a DIY tour, share a hire car from the airport and book a hotel online. I have a couple of Italian friends who could help with bookings.

Back