Orange Dynamo- yes again...

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Back for sale again... It just isn't going to get built as I have too much other stuff going on- (my Harry Quinn needs rebuilding & is currently being resprayed by Dave Yates, I have a modern ish Italian frame that needs Campagging out and to top it all I'm chucking it all in and going backpacking this April!)

My apologies to this rather lovely frame, it deserves better.

ST: 50cm C2C and 57cm C2T
TT: 56cm C2C and 57cm Effective

I have been in touch with Orange and though they were very helpful in all honesty they couldn't give me any info on it- I was a bit disheartened by this but then traced the frames history back through its Retrobike owners.

& the original owner Andy Harris (his name is stamped on the BB) said this in an email to i-am-iron-man who was the 2nd owner.

"I met Steve Wade the co founder of Orange at a MTB race in the early 1990's and we got talking about road bikes (I'm a roadie at heart). He was thinking about building road bikes as he liked training on the road. I wanted a road bike like the "compact" orange MTB frames, he was dying to build one so I think I gave him the excuse. He wanted the extended seat tube to save weight...note how the new frames (Trek, giant) now have this. He was thirty years ahead of the game!! As far as I know (I can't prove it) this was the first orange road bike! It was black because I wanted black and I remember Steve's wife saying all bikes look good in black!? He was really helpful and we even had a mini tour of his factory in Halifax. I'll always have a soft spot for orange! It has a frame no. OD33 on the bottom and my name. The 33 refers to nothing so it is definitely not number 33!"

The frame is in very good condition and includes a Campag headset. The only problem I can see is some paint flaking off under the chainstay brace.

F&F and headset £160 posted.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Thankfully too small for me but a cracking deal for a rare SLX frame in such good condition.

legrandefromage":feu0lqk3 said:
fingers":feu0lqk3 said:
Wow :shock:

Too small for me but beautiful!

Good choice LGF :cool:

its verging on the small side but If I choose the right parts, it shouldn't be an issue

Yes, a road bike with compact geometry can be very adaptable, and ride well... And this looks a bit special (admittedly I am an orange obsessive...)

I've always liked Orange but wanted something different - this scratches a quality steel itch.

Problem is, I have a Campagnolo chainset, front & rear mechs but thats where it all starts to go wrong.

I now need:

brakes

levers

cassette to fit the campag wheels I have

DT levers....

:roll: :D

some inspiration:

24022009323.jpg

well, the deed is done.

Just checked in my roadie spares... :(

I have:

• RSX DP callipers

Campagnolo Mirage rear/ Veloce braze-on mechs

Campagnolo Veloce chainset

Exage brake levers

Exage Sport DT levers

Exage Sport rear mech

Bontrager front wheel

Alex rim rear wheel

Campagnolo Record wide flange hubs on Mavic grey, eyletted rims minus tubs

Campagnolo Mirage 9spd hubs with black spokes on Rigida rims minus cassette

It would be a shame to have this sitting around too long waiting for the right parts to turn up but thats what will happen.

Back