2006 Independent Fabrication Deluxe

Nice JV, it's a bewt :cool: And those sweet dropouts.... ;)

Good job on fixing it up too..

I'd of thought someone buying and IF frame would have the knowhow to not let a seatpost get stuck in the first place, and then to do an amature removal job with a hacksaw on such a frame baffles me!

The frame is Vanilla rather than White.

Not sure if a tube replacement at IF would be cost effective. Will cross that bridge if and and when it comes to that. I'm reasonably confident the tube will be fine.

Kentphil":2vjrx0tl said:
I'd of thought someone buying and IF frame would have the knowhow to not let a seatpost get stuck in the first place, and then to do an amature removal job with a hacksaw on such a frame baffles me!

I was thinking that as well, either more money than sense or just plain stupid...it's not exactly a cheap frame is it!

dekerfintheshed":3qrtklhb said:
Black Thomson post in there please dude ;)

Yeah, need to decide if I'm going to run inline or 'bent' thomson. Quite tempted to leave the kalloy special in there just to spite the unnamed user who mentioend I was running "budget kit on a decent frame" :LOL:

You didn't say how far down the tube the cut was, nor how deep it was, but the butting goes a fair way down, usually 125mm or 150mm, and then there is a tapered section before you get to the 0.6mm thick part. I'm no expert, but if the cut wasn't too deep and if it was in the 1.2mm thick section, then hopefully you should be ok?

And as for the dent, well again you've seen it and we haven't, but I can't see it from the outside, so hopefully the previous comments apply and it shouldn't ever cause a problem. How did he manage that though? I thought I was ham-fisted, but I don't think I could manage that if I tried!

I guess any potential for a problem would be minimised by using a nice long post inserted well down the tube?

It would be a shame to have to have the seat tube replaced, but hopefully the need will never arise.

John":3ci79jyb said:
dekerfintheshed":3ci79jyb said:

Yeah, need to decide if I'm going to run inline or 'bent' thomson. Quite tempted to leave the kalloy special in there just to spite the unnamed user who mentioend I was running "budget kit on a decent frame" :LOL:

:LOL:

John":1auxwo6x said:
dekerfintheshed":1auxwo6x said:

Thompson is so last year...go for something different :D

Back