Cool Wall - Spinergy Wheels

Cool Wall - Spinergy Wheels

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the fact that the disputes about they're cool- or uncoolness are so passionate, makes them UBERCOOL !

xizang":3v7q2dyl said:
What the #*$! is that DH rig? Never seen one like it before. Gotta be a 'homegrown' special, possibly??????????

Bernie":3v7q2dyl said:
Hey fella, its a Buffalo Composite Design's 2x4. 2 rear shocks for 9.5 inches of travel. same principle as the Santa Cruz VPP but designed in the late 90s. Think there are only 4 or 5 of them.

I used it in Whislter in Canada for a season and didn't break (I'm far from a good rider) so the carbon is well upto it.

Thought I put up the pm which Bernie sent me. It's an answer to my question. Cheers fella :D

Lysander":5zt5afqr said:
Fer me, bladed wheels never look right on an MTB.

Totally agree on that comment.

...and I don't even want to mention all the disadvantaged, that would be to many. Next word says it all:

UNCOOL

I sort of like them in an amused way (only on some bikes), but that's mainly because I know that some people think they look cool when in fact they are NOT. They are functionally nonsense - and only the mechanically misguided can believe that aesthetics can outweigh function with regards to BICYCLES.

hmm

well Spinergy was way cooler then Spin.

Spinergy was also really really expensive and u could see them on the worldcup, must admit I like em. but the spin wheels looks like something people would pimp their Vauxhall/ opel with...

I've seen that kumpfernagel or what she's called with some modern version that is not spin but some other kind of rubbish with rotors. Would love some of that just to piss people off...

Re: hmm

captain8track":3e96kvxa said:

Spinergy was also really really expensive and u could see them on the worldcup, must admit I like em. but the spin wheels looks like something people would pimp their Vauxhall/ opel with...

I've seen that kumpfernagel or what she's called with some modern version that is not spin but some other kind of rubbish with rotors. Would love some of that just to piss people off...

I would have to agree, when contrasting the two, Spinergy> Spin

GoldenEraMTB":3b7v0cv9 said:
captain8track":3b7v0cv9 said:

I would have to agree, when contrasting the two, Spinergy> Spin

100% agree. Put in quite a few miles on some spins I borrowed from a shop in which i worked. They were sh*te, made disc drives seem great!

Back