WANTED - Raleigh Castorama frameset.

pm3k

Retro Newbie
Hello everbody, brand new on here. I'm after a Castorama frameset from the early 90's. Had one back in the day and feeling somewhat nostalgic. Looking to build a race replica with a view to using it occasionally during the summer months.Sizewise - being only 5'8" looking for a 21.5" Has anyone got one kicking around the garage that would make an ideal start. Thanks for reading. Fingers crossed. :D

Would even consider Dyna-tech frame - 600 or better. Not afraid of a restoration, so long as it's only paintwork. Cheers.

What did you have?

From my (bad) memory the 753 lugged team issue bikes were just that - team issue only. Think they did a castormama liveried dyntech frame 753 tubes with bonded lugs.

Castorama Frameset

I've got a 653 Castorama which came as frameset only, it's a 57cm. which was my race bike but is still in excellent condition. Also had a dynatech version.
Also have one of the old TI Raleigh (the red black and yellow version) that was refinished by Argos cycles.

Re: Castorama Frameset

kula":t7p9ycg2 said:
I've got a 653 Castorama which came as frameset only, it's a 57cm. which was my race bike but is still in excellent condition. Also had a dynatech version.
Also have one of the old TI Raleigh (the red black and yellow version) that was refinished by Argos cycles.

They sound really good, are you going to post up some photos in Readers Bikes?

didnt castorama used Maxi sports frames ?

they were custom made , Cyrille Guimard the team manager had was an owner of the brand .

Back