Quick question regarding Campa cassettes

PIGEON

Retro Guru
Will an 8 speed cassette fit a 9/10/11 speed body?

I assume the body will be too long, but if the splines match I guess that could easily be overcome with a spacer. So do the splines match?

campag cassettes

sorry an 8 speed will not fit on a nine speed the splines are differant.
you can change an 8 speed to 9 though.
use a normal 8 speed cassette but use 10 speed spacers, and an extra sprocket either campag or marchiosise ones, and you need to have the top spocket machined to the same size as the 10 speed spacer.

No need to be sorry, it's not your fault ;) Thanks for the answer, I was playing with the thought of buying a pair of 2nd hand Khamsin wheels because they look nice and they come in gold. But the hub is for 9/10 (some sources say 9/10/11, which confuses me) so that won't work. Oh well, I'll just get myself some Campagnolo 8 speed wheels with Rigidas or something and paint the rims gold myself :eek:
Thanks!

just a thought, u could buy the wheels and convert the 9 speed cassette to an 8 using 8 speed spacers. google white industries and I think they have a 'how to ' on there web site. have some spacers if you want some.

Hmm yes I haven't thought about that.. But the wheels come without a cassette and I have an 8 speed group, including cassette, laying around. So going that route will be cheaper than having to buy a 9 spd cassette and respacing it.. But I'll give it a thought.
Are all the sprockets on a Campagnolo 9 spd cassette individual loose sprockets? I haven't tried taking a Campagnolo cassette apart yet, but the Shimano ones I own have only the smallest 3 or 4 sprockets loose, the bigger ones are all on one unit.

all the ones on my 9 speed cassettes are seperate, a good site to look at is
www.blandfordbike.com lots of interesting tech specs

also highpath engineering in mid wales, does spare sprockets for all campag and shimano cassettes

hope this is of help

Back