Nine Years Late

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Watched Ronin [1998] for the first time last night.. What a great movie..

Always been one of those movies I say I haven't seen and a chorus of mates exclaim "No way.. Best movie ever.. Car chases..".. Their critiques were pretty accurate..

Anyone's favourite movie?

ronin.jpg

ronin.jpg

Tis a good one - as u say - awesome car chase scene...

Saw Children of Men the other day - very awesome!!!! Must see...

Also - go and rent "Crank" - thought it was ace. Closest thing to Grand Theft Auto on the screen...

(Cant wait for Transformers tho!)

:oops:

Ronin is a great bloke film!

Not my all time fave, but good entertainment for sure. Nice driving too.

gump":pjhfumfz said:

Defo, my chick was working late and it started on Showtime Greats as I got in!

Used to wonder what all the fuss was about, but great suspense and twists for sure..

Haven't seen a trailer for the Transformers Movie yet.. Not sure on that one.. Still have Arrival from Cybertron on VHS!

Need to watch Spiderman 3 again [sober]

Leon (also featuring Jean Reno) and Layer cake are usually pretty clos to the front of my mind when asked for a favourite movie. Or if your up for some foreign language sessions watch city of god, its superb.

gump":3d502tzh said:

Not my all time fave, but good entertainment for sure. Nice driving too.
I also like the fact it was shot in europe. With good mix of USA/European stars, if my memory is correct. My fav films (their are 100's) but if forced to choose would be 'Taxi driver', One flew over the cuckoo nest and memento. Plus any thing with Doris Day in :D

Ronin is great :cool:
Just watcthed Full Metal Jacket for the first time last week :oops: Fantastic film :LOL:

Beverly Hills Cop for that true retro flavour :)

Leon was the other film I thought was really quite good when I think of Jean Reno. Well shot with good atmosphere.

Actually speaking of atmosphere - Lost in Translation was great for that. Lot of tension, visuals and interesting directing. Bit more arty-stylee, but good.
Oh, and it had some rather attractive Scarlett ladee in it :)

But c'mon guys, lets not forget the true retro film set of all time..

Star Wars!! :D
(not the new three obviously ;) )

Back