The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffffffff.........really? :shock: someone just offered me £40 for the pair(you know who you are :evil: )so is £130 reasonable?you,of course have first dibs.only if yer not taking advantage of my newbie gullability,that is :D
ta loads if youre serious-ye be legend!

£80 sounds cool too...i got them for nowt,so im happy with a fair price.anyone else have a clue?
oh,and ta loads to ye too ;)

I agree with Jerky, my original estimate was a little high, was based on the wheels as pictured though, with tyres etc (i assume are included ?), i paid £65 posted for a similar pair of wheels, that was just the wheels though, no cassette, tyres or QR's, blue front hub, blue nips, bit of wear on the brake surfaces.

NOS 1992 Kona Explosif

Hello there,
this is my first post on this great forum. Here's my story.
I'm scouting around for a steel hardtail last week and I stop at a vintage road bikes shop in Zürich. I see this green beauty and buy it without thinking too much. :roll: I look at it again when at home, and suddenly I feel intimidated by its NOSness...
I can't decide what to do with it. Put some used component on the frame and ride it? I can always repaint the frame later on, some decals are already scratched anyway, the TBG one for example.
The components have got little scratches here and there from moving it around the shop for 17 years I guess. Some nicks in the frame go as deep as the white primer. There's maybe 5 of them. But some parts that usually get dirty real quick are still like new. It's still got "preflight" stickers on the derailleur and crankset! Original tires and brake pads of course... :shock:

If I decide to sell it how much can I ask for it? Considering that vintage mountain biking it's not huge here I think I paid an OK price (please don't ask).

I like it very much as an object to put on the wall, but that wasn't my plan and I'm still looking for the right hardtail to take out and about.

In the meantime I got myself another retro off ebay, frame only, probably too small, but maybe not. I'll post pics and setup ideas soon.

thank you,
B

p.s. I was rereading my post before publishing it and I notice it's a little sales oriented, so I guess I've already made up my mind on what to do with the Kona, but I really have no idea of what to ask for it...

here's some pics:

muaq0n.jpg

izs64z.jpg

acgbye.jpg

xepn9x.jpg

2mcipp4.jpg

mboimr.jpg

oix0eg.jpg

xmtnox.jpg

5d11sx.jpg

17g47a.jpg

2d1hcm.jpg

t9jy41.jpg

Re: NOS 1992 Kona Explosif

bruce.of.zurich":1mrhxjfy said:
Hello there,
I'm scouting around for a steel hardtail last week and I stop at a vintage road bikes shop in Zürich. I see this green beauty and buy it without thinking too much. :roll: I look at it again when at home, and suddenly I feel intimidated by its NOSness...
I can't decide what to do with it. Put some used component on the frame and ride it? I can always repaint the frame later on, some decals are already scratched anyway, the TBG one for example.
The components have got little scratches here and there from moving it around the shop for 17 years I guess. Some nicks in the frame go as deep as the white primer. There's maybe 5 of them. But some parts that usually get dirty real quick are still like new. It's still got "preflight" stickers on the derailleur and crankset! Original tires and brake pads of course... :shock:

If I decide to sell it how much can I ask for it? Considering that vintage mountain biking it's not huge here I think I paid an OK price (please don't ask).

I like it very much as an object to put on the wall, but that wasn't my plan and I'm still looking for the right hardtail to take out and about.

In the meantime I got myself another retro off ebay, frame only, probably too small, but maybe not. I'll post pics and setup ideas soon.

thank you,
B

p.s. I was rereading my post before publishing it and I notice it's a little sales oriented, so I guess I've already made up my mind on what to do with the Kona, but I really have no idea of what to ask for it...

here's some pics:

muaq0n.jpg

I've said it on a number of occasions and I think this deserves another....

**** me! Thats amazing to see with that fork let alone NOS :shock: :shock: :shock:

The fork is worth a hell of a lot to some members here and as a whole bike, an best guess would be between at least £350 and £700 depending on the mood of the fickle great unwashed.

hi, i have an emmelle classic 100 in green splatter paint job. i cant find any info on it. it has shimano 100gs 21 speed groupset and an altus rear mech. not sure of the wheels, the fork is stock, anyone know of its worth or any info on it?
:)

cyfa2809":2l63480y said:
hi, i have an emmelle classic 100 in green splatter paint job. i cant find any info on it. it has shimano 100gs 21 speed groupset and an altus rear mech. not sure of the wheels, the fork is stock, anyone know of its worth or any info on it?

if you are serious - about £25

if not.... fool.

Re: NOS 1992 Kona Explosif

legrandefromage":1o7h4u4q said:
bruce.of.zurich":1o7h4u4q said:
Hello there,

thank you,
B

here's some pics:

muaq0n.jpg

I've said it on a number of occasions and I think this deserves another....

f**k me! Thats amazing to see with that fork let alone NOS :shock: :shock: :shock:

The fork is worth a hell of a lot to some members here and as a whole bike, an best guess would be between at least £350 and £700 depending on the mood of the fickle great unwashed.

well... when I saw it, all I knew was that I couldn't leave it there.
thank you for the quick reply, the 700 figure sounds nice of course, I'll get a little more accustomed to the forum and possibly the bike will be in the sales corner soon. If I have the time I might take some more pics and even give it a go at BOTM!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :LOL:
(even though there's no real merit for bike construction here...)

Cheers,
B

legrandefromage":3njczt2l said:
cyfa2809":3njczt2l said:

if you are serious - about £25

if not.... fool.

i was serious :( :(
oh well it was a freebie anyhow, would it be worh upgrading parts for a good retrobike start point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back