NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Pocklington isnt far from York and there are some nice routes around there, have a look on an OS map and see what you can put together, i did a ride years ago that started at Nunburnholme (near Pocklington) and took in Millington Pastures (beautiful area). Cant remember any route details though sorry ;)

When I visit the parents I'm based in Strensall , just north of York so it seemed to make sense to head northish towards Castle Howard etc but looking on the OS it seemed quite tricky to link a route together that was pretty road free.

I just wondered if there is some hidden singletrack heaven or classic loop that I'm missing...

Strensall Common is fine for an hour or so but it's flat (and boggy and the army shoot at you some days!).

Just cut across the A64 to Dalby 42 mins according to google maps £7.00 toll charge to enter dalby though :(
If you are up there a lot you can get a season pass for a reduced price ;)

unocogero":2i95ji8x said:
When I visit the parents I'm based in Strensall , just north of York so it seemed to make sense to head northish towards Castle Howard etc but looking on the OS it seemed quite tricky to link a route together that was pretty road free.

I just wondered if there is some hidden singletrack heaven or classic loop that I'm missing...

Strensall Common is fine for an hour or so but it's flat (and boggy and the army shoot at you some days!).

Fyton/Slingsby just south of them (across the road and up the hill, you'll see a stretch of ) is a Signed cycle way, off road and plenty of routes off it. Walk a part of it while on holiday up there in the summer (though very boggy as it chucked it down :) Seems to be plenty of routes of that main track. and if you go across the B1257 there are some simple bridleways to ride down (and pubs in the villages)
South you have Castle Howard

That about all I know.

Hey folks....hope you all had v good Xmas & New Year.....Hang over has just about cleared now.....back to work the morra :roll:

Hope to see peoples out on the trails this month......

Ps. Good to see you back on here Sith....missed seeing Kermit "relaxing" ;)

Hi Drew. Have you got some lights sorted yet? Looking to start getting out on the nightrides again. Still feeling ropey so probs not this week but will see how it pans out. There's also the Thursday nightrides with the locals- you'll need to sort out one of your retro steeds for that though as modern full suss would be overkill.

Hey Si,

Just let me know when ur out and i'll get the bike cleaned off. Night rides would be cool to get back to, but definitely fancy a weekend daytime ride too...Saturday morning is best for me and usually only good if i can be back by lunchtime (or up to 2pm latest). Family commitments, u know how it is :roll: :D

Hope ur Xmas & New Year went well. We'll have to sort another beers night in the Peth, preferrably Friday if poss.

Cheers Jamie, I could do with still borrowing Mark's lights for the time being as i can't afford to buy some just yet. I'll need to get them when u come out on the night ride....

Back