Cleland Highpath Birthday Ride - Wendover??

Thanks for that, Jan.

Unlike modern MTB tyres, with very thin sidewalls, the original Hakkapeliittas had relatively thick sidewalls and should be run at around 15psi pressure.
The Clelands are sluggish on the road, but seem to come into their own as soon as you leave the tarmac. The difference is quite marked, an I'm still not quite sure why this should be.
Front mudguard length is a key element in the Clean Chain Contest. It means you have to adapt a rear muguard to get the length, and add a longish mudflap.
Don't forget I've a pair of original SunTour Bear trap pedals here if you want them. However, they need a complete bearing overhaul.
You'll have to come up north sometime and find out how well the Aventura rides over rock and bog.

Rocks and MUD

Geoff

Thanks for the invite. Have you set a date for the Trunton woods ride yet? Should be able to get away for a couple of days [Mmmn!] BTW Brakes are a lot better since the Birthday ride, thanks for the advise. Hope to see you all soon. Lastly, how's the DIY sheet coming on for the new Aventura build ?
Jan

No date set yet for the Thrunton Ride, but how about some time in March?

Self-build spec sheets yet to be started, sorry...

I am making plans for a long-weekend over the bank holiday at the end of May. The rides will be two local rides around Duns, plus a day at Thrunton and a day at Glentress.
Before doing anything definite, I need to know who may be interested in coming, so please either reply to this posting, or email me direct from the Cleland website http://www.cleland-cycles.co.uk. Thanks

EARLY WARNING ~ I will be wearing my new camo kilt ...and wellies!

I'll link to this in the macretro forum, I'm sure a couple of locals will come down to glentress for the day.

GeoffApps":3217di86 said:
I am making plans for a long-weekend over the bank holiday at the end of May. The rides will be two local rides around Duns, plus a day at Thrunton and a day at Glentress.
Before doing anything definite, I need to know who may be interested in coming, so please either reply to this posting, or email me direct from the Cleland website http://www.cleland-cycles.co.uk. Thanks

EARLY WARNING ~ I will be wearing my new camo kilt ...and wellies!

Wow, a legend coming to Thrunton Woods! I must dig out the red carpet!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

That would be great!

I do believe it is also the weekend of the Jim Clark Rally, the only international rally in the UK to be run on public roads (closed, of course). So, with my local knowledge, we can take some of that action in as well. I took these pictures about a mile from my home.

Attachments

• JCRComp.jpg
    JCRComp.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 3,047
I'll go back to the Jim Clark Rally when they start running it non stop through the night again. It was so much more challenging back then :LOL:

Green thing of no longer a mystery fettled and ready for action, Sir!

SA brakes useless - check

Mudguard broken - check

Cheap Shimano cassette worn - check

Back