Dave Yates Diablo 1994 - Photo Update!

Fenton

Senior Retro Guru
I grabbed this on ebay recently...... it'll get period cranks, mechs, etc eventually.....but I love it! :cool:

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

What do you think?!

Very nice ;)

Glad you got it as it looks even better than in the listing, what tubeset is it & any chance of some pics of the paintwork :D

Cheers

I've recently got a Max O.R. Yates I ,love the fillet brazing It looks the biz ,the bottom bracket seems way up high though.

Aside from the fact that it is obviously a great bike to have, I'm slightly puzzled about what you've got there.

You're saying it's a 1994 frame, but by that time you would expect it have 'suspension-adjusted' geometry, in which case it would be odd for it to have that 1991/92 Project 2 fork, which is a c39cm a-c fork designed for a non-suspension frame.

On the other hand, although it could be a perspective trick caused by the non side-on photo, the head angle looks extremely steep. And if that was the case, it could mean that the frame is indeed suspension-adjusted and that it is looking for a longer fork. Perhaps an RC35 might be indicated?

Are those avids or boosters?

They're avid arch rivals mate, I've just fitted them to my brother's mtb while he was back for christmas...... fantastic brakes, i'd forgotten just how good they are! I'm now looking for some period canti's to make use of the lovely canti hanger on the frame.

Glad you got it as it looks even better than in the listing, what tubeset is it & any chance of some pics of the paintwork

Thanks fella, I owe you one for giving me the heads up on this one! can't remember the tubeset, it's columbus something or other..... I'll update this when I get home...... I'll do some decent photos of the bike/paintwork now that i've waxed it and made a few changes.... just waiting for time when I'm at home during daylight hours!

with the - ahem - 'blowjob' paint work too

Is that what the paintwork is called?!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: classic!

Whats a bargain?

I thought it was a bargain anyway! The frameset and USE ti post alone must be worth quite a bit!

i recently aquired a donkis knob and i love it too....

Just had a look at your donki's nob mate :oops: that is fantastic! :cool: :cool: :cool: I'd love one of those.... I'll add it to my wish list with the rest!

I've recently got a Max O.R. Yates I ,love the fillet brazing It looks the biz ,the bottom bracket seems way up high though

Thanks mate, I agree, the fillet brazing is very nice indeed..... Not sure what you mean by the bottom bracket being high though mate...... didn't notice it being overly high myself.....

You're saying it's a 1994 frame, but by that time you would expect it have 'suspension-adjusted' geometry, in which case it would be odd for it to have that 1991/92 Project 2 fork, which is a c39cm a-c fork designed for a non-suspension frame.

On the other hand, although it could be a perspective trick caused by the non side-on photo, the head angle looks extremely steep. And if that was the case, it could mean that the frame is indeed suspension-adjusted and that it is looking for a longer fork. Perhaps an RC35 might be indicated?

Hi mate, It was certainly purchased in 1994 as I have the original sales receipt, but I too wondered if it was an earlier frame that had sat in the bike shop for a while. The original owner got a £100 discount on the original purchase price of £425 for the frame and forks so that could well be the case..... Also I'm not sure how up to date Dave Yates would be with geometry trends and suspension correction at this point in time, certainly the head tube angle is a lot more relaxed than my Bontragers.... I'll take some better photos, I'm sure that will go some way as to answering your questions! I might also email Dave Yates with the frame number, maybe he can tell me when this was built!

Back