My obsession with cranksets

new cranks

I've been trying to get a Caramba Double Barrel for years for my Ibis Szazbo and had been continuously outbid on ebay. This rasta one showed up on ebay and I bid a huge price and surprise suprise it went for real cheap. It just so happened that these were the absolute perfect colors for the build on my Ibis, so I really lucked out.
The Steely Danz were just sold today but I thought I'd add them to the picture gallery.

Attachments

• retrocranks7.jpg
    retrocranks7.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7,815
mrc

The steely danz were going to go on the Ibis, but they've been replaced by the Caramba's. I sold the MRC's yesterday.

Finally, here´s a picture of some of my cranks.
There are MTB, road, bmx, track and tandem cranks made of aluminum, steel, titanium or carbon. Most of them are made in the 1990s but they cover 100 years.
Enjoy.
aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5tdGItbmV3cy5kZS92My8xOS8xOTU0LzE5NTQzNjctc3RhdnByejNnMXVuLWt1cmJlbG5kZXJhbGV4MTFtaXR0ZWwtb3JpZ2luYWwuanBn.jpg

There are really nice cranks!
Never seen Onza Ti´s before... :D

Campagnolo Record carbon, gen 1, most beautiful road crank

@Deralex: What a collection! :shock:

What are the tandem cranks about 1/3 of the way along the top from the right?

And not a fan of English cranks?

Corduroyboy, the tandem cranks are Extreme Titanium.
Yes, they are rare and yes, they are lightweight but they are not good cranks. I had planed to show a XT tandem set which is one of the best, too but I had to stop unpacking cranks.
Oh, this is a large part of my collection including most of my favourites but it is far from beeing complete. I hope to be able to get some Royce or Middleburn and others some day. At least there are L&M and Williams cranks here but you are correct in mentioning that british stuff is underrepresented.

Oh, Shamus, I have to disagree. Nothing even comes close to Campagnolos C-Record in beauty. The track version is so sweet, too.
Carbon is - hm - plastic. Special waste. I let others have and use this material.
The Record may be the most beautiful one among carbon cranks. I only plan to get some plastic cranks for a freak show.

By the way: my gallery includes a slightly better version of this picture.

deralex":2f1m7g0e said:
. I only plan to get some plastic cranks for a freak show.

That is some collection you have there, truely amazing stuff. This would be the only plastic crank worthy of that collection:

zipps_120.jpg

deralex":2pttcim9 said:
Finally, here´s a picture of some of my cranks.
There are MTB, road, bmx, track and tandem cranks made of aluminum, steel, titanium or carbon. Most of them are made in the 1990s but they cover 100 years.
Enjoy.

holy cow :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back