Cannock Turkey Twizzler - 27/12/09 *AFTERMATH THREAD*

Seeing the roll call and the bikes reminds me of that uncomfortable moment where you recognize the bike but have no bloody idea who the hell it is riding it...

apologies if I blanked anyone. :shock:

legrandefromage":11ifdoa7 said:

Blame altitude sickness, the top of Cannock Chase is a rarified atmosphere compared to the Cambridgeshire flat-lands.

REKIBorter":38h3l0ol said:
legrandefromage":38h3l0ol said:

Blame altitude sickness, the top of Cannock Chase is a rarified atmosphere compared to the Cambridgeshire flat-lands.

:LOL:

which top ? did not see any hills . :LOL:

DSCN1612.jpg

A quick rest bite.

DSCN1623.jpg

Mince pies all round, cheers

DSCN1616.jpg

DSCN1621.jpg

DSCN1614.jpg

DSCN1615.jpg

DSCN1618.jpg

DSCN1624.jpg

Drystone taking the easy way down.

DSCN1627.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures, it's just a cheapy camera.

Really enjoyed the day yesterday, what a great crowd, top selection of bikes and a great trail.
Thanks for the help with my chain break mechanicals.
We headed off half way round the second ride, as the chain-tensioner on my brother Mat's Giant Cadex singlespeed finally gave up.

Yet another great Turkey Twizzler Meet and fantastic to get face time with so many new people as well as some grizzled old timers (the latter means you Neil).

The morning Follow the Dog ride was decent although the sheet ice was something else :shock: . Also reminded me that decking is for quaffing Pinot Grigio while trying to be cosmopolitan, not for riding bikes on :twisted:

The post mince pie mince was going really well until gross insubordination in the ranks prevented us from Sticking It To The Man and pioneering some new singletrack through the pines. After that it got a bit lame with most people wanting to stick to fireroads, but never mind. I did enjoy my 3 mile run at the end after my chain snapped at the bottom of the bumpy, long climb in protest at my awesome torque/talk (see what I did there? God, I'm loving my own work) - fortunately I was wearing close fitting shoes with hard plastic soles which gave the ideal combination of grip and cushioning across the frozen tundra.

All in all, a great round off to a great year, really looking forward to 2010 and pushing down tame descents while talking shite to anyone within earshot.

Ed, the King of Gently Upward Sloping Smooth Fireroad

Back