Cannock Turkey Twizzler - 27/12/09 *AFTERMATH THREAD*

Just got back :cool: Was a superb day and great to meet all I hadn't before and to see the others I had.

Never seen Ice like that before, was like a foxes glacier carpet to sum it up :LOL:

Thanks for the nibbles on offer and to Mr K for the free handouts for all.

I Look forward to the next and maybe next time I wont loose my brother :oops:

Well that was my first retrobike ride and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome as you popped my cherry.

Yeah, the ice was slippy but the company was good and the mince pies were great. The riding wasn't too shaby either.

I didn't get any pics during the ride but here's my Cannondale after our first ever ride together. She's a bit of a dirty girl so is sleeping outside tonight.

Thanks again :D

DSC00389.jpg

Just got back from a long slow drive back up the M6, a good hot shower and 16 inches of pizza.

Great days riding today and great to meet plenty more of you chaps.
Really enjoyed myself despite the sheets of ice, which then thawed in the rain to form a thick orange icy slurry.

Highlights included the Ed and Ed show in the afternoon, where they ably demonstrated their extensive knowledge of all the secret singletrack on Cannock Chase. They even made a few trails up. :LOL:
The mince pies and random parts christmas giveaway was also great.

Thanks to everyone and hope to see you all again soon.

Just back after sitting on the M6 car park for many hours.

Really enjoyed the day, an excellent day spent in the saddle with a great bunch of fellas. Thanks to John for the festive mid ride feast and to all who made me welcome as always. Great to meet many new faces and the old ones too.

Highlights, Ededwards stories, stressed out cyclist (very funny indeed), Rob's shockpost :shock: , the second half bimble of random direction and me doing a 180 degree spin on the sheet ice and just about holding it. I see some of you have previously mentioned the random parts giveaway from Neil and Ed, my gift was a used set of grips, one grip from the parts box and the other from Ededwards shorts. I guess Ed had been using it as a willy warmer or something :shock: , thanks guys I'll treasure them!

Rode the alpinestars singlespeed today, really enjoyed riding it. I'd forced myself to ride it and feared i'd be left for dust, but I held my own pretty much all day and now feel a great sense of achievement for lasting all day on the SS'er. Loads of banter with regard the Scott AT-4's too, a great diversionary tactic as not many noticed the disc brakes I was running :D . Now it's time to strip her down and repaint ready for SSEC.

Hi, thanks all for a great ride, I had such good fun.

I'm enjoying these Retrobike rides, I'm seeing so many new trails.
Also it's making me fitter trying to keep up with you quicker chaps.

I'll post up some pics soon

back after a 340 miles round trip .

pizza and beer now .

thanks John for the chocolates .

Great day out chaps, thanks to everyone for coming :cool:

Turnout must've been getting on for 30 :D Have tried to put together a roll call, please add on the thread if i've missed you out.

Good morning round the Dog. The ice in places was :shock: Credit to Rob for riding with a broken post.

Brief stop for mince pies, lemonade (sorry the promised Mulled wine didn't materliase) and celebrations chocolotes. Cheers to Ed & Neil for the mini hip flask. I'm so STW it hurts now. Also my washing machine hurts because thats where the flask is...

Afternoon ride started with a little Edwards style off-piste. Thanks to Paul and Steve for leading the rest of the afternoons ride.

See you all next year :D

yes big thanks to Paul and Steve for the afternoon's ride - I think it was patently clear that Ed and I hadn't a clue where we were going :shock:

cheers to John for the scran :D

Bravery award goes to young Rob (Tony's son) who not 2 months after knocking out his front teeth at Dalbeattie after his dad encouraged him to go down the slab, he tries the northshore here 5 mins into the ride and promptly smashes his face up again.

But that's not the brave bit.

He's got to face his mother when he gets home (and I think Tony might be in some deep water too :shock: :LOL: )...

Back