Retrobike @ The Races

haha nice one Kev, poor old Jezza..

This is fantastic news, the more RetroBike jerseys that are seen around the country at various meets the better.

Must try harder...

Err, puts my efforts in the jersey to shame... :oops:

At least Geoff had the benefits of clement weather and underfoot conditions which, come Sunday's deluge may well have slowed him a tad! I was taking just over an hour a lap (although they had lengthened the Saturday XC course a tad to give it an alleged enduro spec), subject to retro-mechanicals...

One could argue that slower riders make better billboards as we are out on the course longer and are easier to see as we ride slower... :LOL:

I had a chat with the announcer to get him to plug the club as I went by (he seemed interested enough) and did my bit on the start line with the bemused carbon/FS lookalike hoards. The shirt did look good for a lap, then was covered by sh*te! At least it washed well!

Neil

I maybe getting ahead of myself here, but maybe we need Retrobike CC, registered with British cycling, proper club and all that. The people who are interested can apply for racing licences and quote their club as Retrobike.

Hmm....

Re: Must try harder...

Next time we have an official team meeting I'll tell Geoffrey he can take the Fat Ti out if that's ok with you Jezza? Maybe the trimble for training ?

mrkawasaki":t0fx7jkh said:
Err, puts my efforts in the jersey to shame... :oops:

At least Geoff had the benefits of clement weather and underfoot conditions which, come Sunday's deluge may well have slowed him a tad! I was taking just over an hour a lap (although they had lengthened the Saturday XC course a tad to give it an alleged enduro spec), subject to retro-mechanicals...

One could argue that slower riders make better billboards as we are out on the course longer and are easier to see as we ride slower... :LOL:

I had a chat with the announcer to get him to plug the club as I went by (he seemed interested enough) and did my bit on the start line with the bemused carbon/FS lookalike hoards. The shirt did look good for a lap, then was covered by sh*te! At least it washed well!

Neil

How did you go Neil? Ride the Enduro. Good too see the jersey out there on all levels :D

terryhfs":1newzswn said:
I maybe getting ahead of myself here, but maybe we need Retrobike CC, registered with British cycling, proper club and all that. The people who are interested can apply for racing licences and quote their club as Retrobike.

Hmm....

Terry,

one step ahead of you here at retrobike towers. Will be offering a club as soon as we finalise the details and decide just how its going to be run.

In the meantime anybody who has a jersey can race for retrobike.co.uk in the UK - we are now bcf registered > http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... es&crpp=20

...as well as being the 196th ranked team in the UK following Geoffrey and Neil's efforts over the weekend...
John

hi jv/everyone else.

thanks for the support.
mr kawasaki mentioned i missed the wet conditions - unfortunately not - see the pics! I think we had 1 or 2 ok laps, then it turned nasty. Does sound like a lot worse conditions for the sun tho so respect to the guys riding in that.
ref some comments on the bike - its currently a bmc full sus, courtesy of magura uk main man, tony. its a personal loan. yes it would be great to ride something proper retro. i hav a 97 rocky mtn equipe in need of a re-spray and in the process of building up a fairly retro steed - wait and see on that one! Retrobike also may have some deals in the pipeline.
Thats 2 x 2nd places so far. I think the series could well be a 3 way tie at the mo so i need to step it up. Margam is the next round, followed by the national champs in Plymouth...

The Shame

196th - oh dear, does that mean I've pegged us back several notches..???

Can't we factor in the age of the bike and add handicap points for attempting to ride with Gripshift in pine needles, mud and sand??

Neil

Good work guys...I was trundling around Makara in Wellington today, and thought, god, I'll never race again...then I read your posts and it's given me a bit of a boost, to give it a go again...nice one!

Rich

I'd missed this post - well done on the result!

Some pretty fast names I recognise here behind you (Warby, Newall, John ...)

Edit: also missed the first page of this post and didn't know Geoff's CV :oops:

Back