Pesenti-

Sorry, don't know anything about the frame but just wanted to say it looks sweet! And, now I am intrigued too :)

Wired99

I found some stuff...

Andrea Pesenti- Designer for Cinelli for 25 years (Designed the Cinelli Laser :cool: )
& has also been making/designing carbon forks for Mizuno since about 1990.

Here is a pic of another Pesenti...

This one was made at San Patrignano - a high end frame shop that employs recovering substance abusers. It was set up by Andrea Pesenti himself and is now overseen by Dario and Gianni Pegoretti.

I am not sure if my frame was made at San Patrignano or not. From what I can gather (& I have been using online translators so might be wrong) San Patrignano made frames for Pesenti & other Italian brands such as Cinelli, Fondriest and Carrera.

San Patrignano still make frames for other brands but also now have there own line SanPa Bikes.

Here are some links. The second link has further links to Pesenti stuff at the bottom of the page.

http://www.sanpatrignano.org/?q=node/5300

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/tech/2006/shows/eicma06/?id=results/eicma0615

Wired99 thanks for you comment! I too think it might be a gem & cheap too! :) When the frame arrives I will take some decent pics of detailing etc.

Attachments

• pesenti.jpg
    pesenti.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4,611
I look forward to seeing them. Whatever it turns out to be it's always cool when you can do a bit of detective work and uncover all these different little angles. You just don't get that with an off the peg Specialized do you?..

Oh, and thank god I am not the only one on here on Christmas day! Maybe they might find me a job (being a interenet abuser 'an all..) at that shop :)

Happy Christmas fella

Wired99

Hi, I used to live in Bergamo (in Lombardia, north Italy), and the Pesenti bike shop is in the centre of town and was my old LBS. It's a family run shop, one of the older guys was an ex-pro, same sort of set up as many Italian bike shops.

It's a small but high end shop now, but back then they used to export their frames, my LBS (Ciclos Uno in Essex) used to stock them, and they had the same design logo as the frame in the pictures. IIRC they used to farm out production of the frames rather than actually make them - not that this is a bad thing, the Pesenti frame that I saw was very tidy.

If you ever want to visit the shop and ride your Pesenti on home ground, I'd recommend riding the Gran Fondo Gimondi: it starts in Bergamo, and takes in some great (hard, but not killer) climbs in the nearby pre Alps. When I rode it, Gimondi and his old adversary Merckx rode, and I passed them (with great respect) out on the road :D

See, what did I say...
Don't you just love threads like this. You spot an 'unknown' frame on Ebay, take a chance on it, start the detective work and next thing you know your cycling up mountains leaving the giants in your wake!

Marvellous!

Wired99

Thanks for that great info Simon- so there may be a few more in this country...

I just cant wait to get hold of it now!

Back