1st Jan Time Trial - West Sussex

If this is the course I'm thinking of it's a hilly one, the first half is pretty much all down hill with a bit of flat. Unfortunately, as is the nature of such things, the second half is all up hill. A good ride though.

Luckily, my TT bike needs some tinkering with :D

Enjoy!

i believe in fixies":zbva77m7 said:
If this is the course I'm thinking of it's a hilly one, the first half is pretty much all down hill with a bit of flat. Unfortunately, as is the nature of such things, the second half is all up hill. A good ride though.

Luckily, my TT bike needs some tinkering with :D

Enjoy!

yes its that course, not one for a fast time.

TheGreenRabbit":czsw9ec4 said:

A great course though, only left turns and first exit off the 2iirc roundabouts. It makes a change from boring flat courses where you just grind away in the same gear for twenty 'mumble' minutes.

If I get the opportunity to sort the bike out and the train timetable isn't against me I may see you there.

It's a good course for MTBs with slicks on. The lack of flat bits and the length of the climbs means you don't loose out too much without aero bars.

i believe in fixies":uizs5x8p said:
TheGreenRabbit":uizs5x8p said:

A great course though, only left turns and first exit off the 2iirc roundabouts. It makes a change from boring flat courses where you just grind away in the same gear for twenty 'mumble' minutes.

If I get the opportunity to sort the bike out and the train timetable isn't against me I may see you there.

It's a good course for MTBs with slicks on. The lack of flat bits and the length of the climbs means you don't loose out too much without aero bars.

If you want picking up from a train station let me know, Its going to be the Slingshot with aero bars for me.

Decision has been made.

If it's not raining I'll come along and put a time in. I'll be racing on my Audax bike, I've found the course is too hilly for my full on TT bike with aero bars, drops are far easier on the climbs.

The start's an easy warm up ride from Barnham station so I'll meet you there (weather permitting).

Righty, off to pray for rain.

pip pip!

Let me know what time you get in to Barnham, Ill be riding out there if the weather is half decent, and will swing round by Barnham.

Latest posts

Back