Marin FRS its here!

Curly68

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got home from work today and found a couple of parcels waiting for me.
One was the Marin FRS frame I won from Ebay and the other a set of Manitou 4 forks that were spares or repair. And they match the rear end quite nicely. So nicely that I am guessing the frame is newer than I thought.
It also measures 34.9 for the bottom pull front mech and 31.6 seatpost, 1 1/8th" headset.
The bottom bracket has a Made in Taiwan sticker on with FG5LA0004 one side and BI-0261 on the other side. Could anyone tell me what year it is? It hasn't got Marin stamped on it anywhere, which I thought it might.
Going to need some spares for the Manitou, so if someone knows where I can get them from would be a big help please. And what sort of kit I should build it up with. I quite fancy anodisied blue seatpost, stem and QR's!
The Manitou forks are 1 1/8th" threaded but the frame seems to have an aheadset cups in. What would be correct and if threaded headset is correct, where do you get them from?
Sorry for so many questions!

framefront.jpg

rrtri.jpg

frfork.jpg

chainstay.jpg

bb.jpg

rrfork.jpg

I phoned and left a message but got no reply back. Will still have them if he has them. If you could chase please Enid?

Manitou Spares, including the elastomers, spacer washers and maybe even the bushes can be had from suspensionforkparts.net. They take a while to arrive but seem to be about as close as you can get to OEM Answer kit, the only other kits I have seen are the wings springs that turn them into expensive pogo sticks.

Carl.

Now I know who has outbid me on this manitou forks :D Good because look much better with this frame. Nice :cool:

TBh I did get a result with those forks. I bid on them without having the frame! When they came the same day and had the same design on the lowers (which are in very good condition), I was very happy! They do need rebuilding and a the fasteners will be replaced with stainless steel or Ti.

Back