Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SF Klein's Klein Attitude

• DrS' Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• Total voters
GoldenEraMTB":1c8m705d said:
GoldenEraMTB":1c8m705d said:
hmmmm, let's see; I've narrowed it down to the following (in no particular order as of yet):

gump's Fat Chance 10th Anniversary

halaburt's Merlin Newsboy

J_Westy's 1936/8 Fleet(Schwinn) C-model Hybrid Bomber

Corduroyboy's 1993 Fuquay Custom

bushpig's Mantis X Frame

My wife wants me to vote for J_Westy's 1936/8 Fleet(Schwinn) C-model Hybrid Bomber; she loves it.

I, on the other hand, remain undecided...a couple more nights
:LOL:

Time to narrow it down further:

halaburt's Merlin Newsboy

J_Westy's 1936/8 Fleet(Schwinn) C-model Hybrid Bomber

bushpig's Mantis X Frame

I hate the whole IVMTB thing, but I've got to go with Bushpig's Mantis X frame...it does it for me on many levels; period correct; restored after being ridden hard; great history; great look.

besides, BP does have some cool open sites he operates...just saying ;)

John":bskxgdo5 said:
any123":bskxgdo5 said:
beepbeep":bskxgdo5 said:
any123":bskxgdo5 said:
it has to be the dagger FS due to the fact I like colour and the thought that has gone into this bike. I made the choice on the fact that all the other bikes were just put together in the what i call 2 part bike build IE frame and groupset, where the dagger seems to have been built from scratch with the thought process of colour and custom.

thanks andy

Cheers Andy! :D

If you like this I've got a surprise coming soon! ;)

(It's the Fuquay for me though)

I await the surprise with great admiration. I am doing a klein adroit at the mo which has never been seen or built, and will be the most bling klein ever seen. Its taken a lot of people and judgement to create this baby. Lets just say i have had to get a lot of company's to re-work there old component templates to make this work.

thanks andy

Wow, quite a claim. Need to get this up in readers bikes so we can judge if it is indeed the most bling klein ever seen.

just waiting for email back from the man himself. hint anyone ever seen a raw carbon adroit, with carbon mc2.

any123":17tr1t9i said:
John":17tr1t9i said:
beepbeep":17tr1t9i said:
it has to be the dagger FS due to the fact I like colour and the thought that has gone into this bike. I made the choice on the fact that all the other bikes were just put together in the what i call 2 part bike build IE frame and groupset, where the dagger seems to have been built from scratch with the thought process of colour and custom.

thanks andy

Cheers Andy! :D

If you like this I've got a surprise coming soon! ;)

(It's the Fuquay for me though)

I await the surprise with great admiration. I am doing a klein adroit at the mo which has never been seen or built, and will be the most bling klein ever seen. Its taken a lot of people and judgement to create this baby. Lets just say i have had to get a lot of company's to re-work there old component templates to make this work.

thanks andy

Wow, quite a claim. Need to get this up in readers bikes so we can judge if it is indeed the most bling klein ever seen.

just waiting for email back from the man himself. hint anyone ever seen a raw carbon adroit, with carbon mc2.

Like I said why not setup your own thread?

As for the man himself that is a touch obtuse. If you mean Gary Klein then good work!

Nobody has ever seen a raw carbon adroit or carbon mc2 because the adroit/strata fuselage was alumminium with carbon and boron reinforcements.

I will set up a thread when this starts to come together but at the mo its at least 6 months away. I only started firing off suggestions to company's when i started looking for old kleins. but with my greed and want i decided why not start from the ground up and get a project together. at first i thought how daft but when i started getting interest back i started thinking maybe something might come of this. but there is still a long way to go.

thanks andy.

ps nice speech http://www.kleinjapan.com/at_klein/garys_speech.pdf

^^
Andy,

Your post and new signature (Adroit custom carbon) got me thinking over the weekend...

Since Klein never made any Adroits completely out of carbon fiber (though they bonded CF to certain parts of an aluminum frame for Adroits), are you thinking of using some of the Quantum carbon tubes w/ some aluminum Adroit tubes or something like that? Then again, when I think "bling" I think shiny, which CF isn't, so maybe you're gonna polish up the frame and leave it natural aluminum? My curiosity is definitely piqued. ;)

BoTM voting thread....

Start your own build thread, even for speculation and have chat in there ;) It includes projects, potential project as well you know :D

BACK ON TOPIC...
Seems 1st and 2nd place are decided, but 3rd is close.

FluffyChicken":tq7k0okp said:
Seems 1st and 2nd place are decided, but 3rd is close.

Ah yes! The great 3rd/4th place battle - bronze medal for real or bronze medal 'also-ran'? :LOL:

Tbh, I'd be happy with either, given the strength of field, though I am somewhat suprised at the bikes which may and may not feature in the top three...

Back