So, what Pace RC200 did I just buy?

Ah Crap, i'm really starting to think it's too big! I stuck a saddle, forks and wheels on it yesterday to gauge what sort of angle/length stem i need but it just feels unwieldy.

Obviously perching on a half built bike in my spare room is no gauge of how it'll ride, but i've just worked out i'd need to spend another £200 to get her on the road and i'm not sure it's worth it :(

I overlayed the frame with my 21" Orange and the seat tube is a full 2" longer. That and the 165mm headtube really shape up to be a big steed.

I'm really torn now, i want this bike and i want to actually ride it :(

You'll grow into it.

Just like your mother said when your school jumper was too long in the arms... she was right then, perhaps now too?

Radar":2rppfi8j said:
You'll grow into it.

Just like your mother said when your school jumper was too long in the arms... she was right then, perhaps now too?

I think you're right, i probably sat on it in the morning too. Don't you shrink overnight and get taller again during the day? I'll only ride it in the evening :)

Bloody Pace, who on earth is tall enough for a frame this size??

Here's a picture to illustrate my point:

DSC00533.jpg

Imaginee it with a no-rise stem though :)

Before anyone starts getting too picky, the full build will include Pace Forks and as much British finishing kit as i can muster :roll:

Well, there's your problem right there. It's got no cranks on it, old chap!

[wanders to the garage to check one the same size in silver]

:)

Back