1997 Intense Uzzi XC

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Repleat with Pauls, L&M cranks, NOS DHs, Syncros hubs and rims, X Lite stem and bars, Ringle post.... in need of fine tuning!

Mr K

Attachments

• Uzze rear.jpg
    Uzze rear.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,424
  • Uzzi fr.jpg
    Uzzi fr.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,424
  • Uzzi 1.jpg
    Uzzi 1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,426
Smashing :cool: I hmm'd and haa'd over this when it was for sale. Sure is a good looking bike :cool:

bet it's a lot of fun. I was going to buy one of those off ebay a month or two ago, all with xtr m950 kit. Yours looks nicer!

Nice :cool: ...I was tempted myself.

I look forward to the ride pics with it parked up next to Max's San Andreas.

It’s a great bike, but I don’t quite understand what type of bike it is. I know nothing about Intense history, but I have a gut feeling that ‘Uzzi’ and ‘XC’ are contradictions in terms. I can see that an Uzzi XC may have been a bit more XC-oriented than an Uzzi, a bit like a Tracer is now, but it still isn’t an XC bike as such.

So I guess what I’m saying is that to me a long flat stem and saddle higher than bars isn’t very Uzzi. I suspect you might find it rides more in character with a shorter stem with some rise. Maybe not a DH stem, but that X-Lite is very XC-shaped indeed.

I also wonder whether you might find it works better with a Z1 and Hopes. I hardly like to say this, because I know the NOS concept is a holy grail for many on here, but why is that DH3 NOS? Why is there no such thing as an NOS Z1?

I still say it’s a great bike, but I think it would be even better if it was a bit more macho. [‘Look who’s talking!’, they all cried :oops:]

Anthony":3gghjmyk said:
Why is there no such thing as an NOS Z1?

Z1s were very good forks, they got amazing reviews and so supply couldn't match demand. We had a waiting list for ours in the shop. Because of that, and the fact that sus forks had established themselves by the advent of the Z1, most people who bought them used them.

Back