Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
clockworkgazz":2h6vrzpv said:
like the idea of that and over a day 39 miles is totally doable- how far is the swim if there is no boat? :LOL:

Too far :LOL:

Think of all those John Wayne movies with herds of cows being forced to swim the Rio Grande :shock: Well its far deeper, wider and colder than that :shock: Half a mile across the SEA at Bonawe Narrows :shock:

You Gazz may have waxoiled/kurusted yr frame for precisely this trip :roll: but we treasure our rusty lumps of iron and they aint going near sea water unless a boat is involved :LOL:

Now me being a soft sasenach from near Auld Reechie I have this impression of the highlands in winter. Howling arctic wasteland with white coated animals and deep snow springs to mind and yet Mr P suggests February onwards as a good time to do this :shock:

Please reasure Mr P or alternatively give me the FEAR, whichever your sense dictates :roll:

Also bike recommendations so I can handcraft a steed from my vast parts bin :LOL:

velomaniac":vh0p1o0z said:
Now me being a soft sasenach from near Auld Reechie I have this impression of the highlands in winter. Howling arctic wasteland with white coated animals and deep snow springs to mind......

Also bike recommendations so I can handcraft a steed from my vast parts bin :LOL:

No. No. No. :LOL:

You're thinking of Craigmillar :D

Any bike will do. Rigid fine, although a pain in the wrists on some sections. GP tyres (as in general purpose, not grand prix :roll: ) Gears handy, but aren't they always.........roll on SS dabate....

Will make efforts to scout this further during xmas hols :cool:

If people interested will suggest Feb/March date perhaps and will advise landowner if a squad (more than 4/5) is expected. Should be ok here i think, esp as only one night. Weather last weekend and that before would have been stunning (cold but stunning) here :cool:

Continuity of track seems ok so far, just boat to confirm now. :xmas-cool:

did you get any further with the boat or general recce? Need to plot this against a calendar - february is close - I'd prefer the march so I can get up to speed somewhat, Loch Ordie will be my first bike run in 3 months!.

Just the boat outstanding now. Will advise progress. Februry too short notice I guess, but its not going anywhere.

Anytime over the last couple of weeks would have been ace I think :cool: Barely a cloud in the sky here since Xmas until today. Meant to hammer it down by end of this week :(

Hurrah! - This guy will take us across for a few beer tokens :D

http://www.homeatfirst.com/loch.htm

Starts operating again in March.

.....and here's a few more taster pics from along the route..... :D

DSCF1880.jpg

DSCN0076-1.jpg

DSCN2344.jpg

DSCN2326.jpg

DSCN2325.jpg

DSCN2179.jpg

DSCN2138.jpg

inveraweetive005.jpg

etive027.jpg

March/April anyone? How does that sit with other events?

Have to agree with the Gazzeteer, this is looking all sorts of epic. Proper huechter teuchter biking.

Can we avoid the SSEC weekend 16-19th April? Myself, Jamie and Velo are trundling doon for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back