Lampre Colnago X Light

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Ok, finally picked up the X Light I've been mithering about. Looks tidy although still prevaricating over the build - it would look awesome with Deltas!

Attachments

• PC221181.JPG
    PC221181.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 3,915
  • PC221180.JPG
    PC221180.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 3,907
  • PC221179.JPG
    PC221179.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 3,911
  • PC221178.JPG
    PC221178.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 3,915
I say! That is rather tasty. Who has had to go without presents this year then? Looking forward to the build.

Hi Ed,

Looks very nice. Yes, would be sure great with Deltas. As 'cheap' alternative Chorus could de well me thinks, but I can imagine savings are not where you are after with such a nice frame.

Very handsome frame Ed. Sure it'll look rinsin' with an Edwards signature build. Deltas would indeed look the business although the frame is clearly a touch modern.

Touch small though perhaps??

John":3csenmbh said:
Sure it'll look rinsin' with an Edwards signature build. Deltas would indeed look the business although the frame is clearly a touch modern.
I remain conflicted about the build as I often lack patience and, despite probably not riding for months yet, will want to see this finished and the Jay-Z/Linkin Park mash up build is always popular with me.

I reckon I still have three options:
a) Early 2000s alloy Campag with Ergos. Only groupset I have seen so far is 8 speed Record at 500 euros which is a bit strong for me. I do have a couple of pairs of period correct alloy Record cranks though.

b) Find a complete C Record groupset with Deltas. Not period correct granted but as it's steel frame and forks with an inch heatube not so desperately out of keeping. On balance reckon I prefer this to option a)

c) The Edwards/Woolworths pick'n'mix. This obviously has it's appeal and would only need to look for Deltas as have Record cranks, 7400 rear mech, some sort of Campag front mech, Record aero brake levers, a range of wheels (silver rims? Black rims?), Simplex downtube shifters. It would get me up and running quickly plus I could swap out for a Campag compact chainset for hilly rides/sportives. But, in reality, probably too much of a lash up.

In conclusion therefore, option b) is probably the one.

John":3csenmbh said:
Touch small though perhaps??
It's actually the same top tube length as the Merckx (and no, that's not too short as well :evil: ) plus has a slightly longer headtube. Still, when I build it up and realise it's too small you'll have first refusal ;)

I was waiting to see this pic... it is beauty!

I would go for build b, but a is good also. :D

Back