1988 - Rattlecan Rockhopper

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

bojangle, you're not being picky when you actually know what you're talking about. Advice duly noted for next project, I've enjoyed the spraying and will definitely give it a go again and see if I can't improve.

Pickle - colour is Mazda 'Winning Blue' - saddo that I am, picked to match my car :oops:

mazda - winning

now theres 2 words that seldom appear in the same sentence :twisted:

mind you don't know why I'm taking the piss you've seen the heap that I drive :oops:

This was my brothers first proper MTB, and he rode it all over, it has even been to the summit of Ben Nevis

I am loving your work.
I have very fond memories of this bike and it's great to see it receiving some much needed tlc. I'll be watching this space and I'll show it to my bro when he pops in for a visit later this week. Nice work.
Cheers
Stu (cocodemers bro)

Nice, very nice, I love it. Residing in Falkirk, you must be a hardy soul. I was there last week conducting a survey on a shop in the high street. Bloody cold is all I can say about that. :shock:

stu_mcp":1pv9wp2m said:
I have very fond memories of this bike and it's great to see it receiving some much needed tlc. I'll be watching this space and I'll show it to my bro when he pops in for a visit later this week. Nice work.
Cheers
Stu (cocodemers bro)
Cheers Stu, glad you like it. While I can't promise it'll ever see the top of Ben Nevis again, it will be oot and aboot, starting with the Pentlands just after Christmas and a wee spin up to Dunkeld in January. Hope coco's round the world adventure is going well too :)

ChrisG":1pv9wp2m said:
Nice, very nice, I love it. Residing in Falkirk, you must be a hardy soul. I was there last week conducting a survey on a shop in the high street. Bloody cold is all I can say about that. :shock:
Thanks Chris, but it's not Falkirk's weather you need to watch out for, it's the locals! Hope you're not suffering from some post traumatic stress disorder after your visit :LOL:

By the way i wasn't bad mouthing your work i think it looks amazing, i just don't like to think about the paint flaking when the stones start hitting the frame. :(

bojangle":1dxd7oub said:
By the way i wasn't bad mouthing your work i think it looks amazing, i just don't like to think about the paint flaking when the stones start hitting the frame. :(
No, no worries bojangle, I didn't think you were. It's been a learning experience for me, and it's good to hear how it should be done from someone who knows how to do this stuff properly :) Of course now you've got me worried about the paint lasting ;)

Back