Raleigh Single Speed

I bought these on Ebay, the seller told me these are from a '70's road bike. I looked for you, but he doesn't have them anymore.
I will send him a mail, maybe he can make some new ones (although he sold them as NOS :roll: )

i really appreciate that mate. they are indeed from a 70s road bike, i have just finished another single speed - a 70s raleigh and although its been built for about 50 quid i could do with those to finish it off!

needs frogleg cantis and some detailing to the lugs... realy realy liking the look too... :cool:

looks realy nice... its given me an idea of what to do with my team mirage :)

Rather handsome!

I've just received back my old Raleigh Aardvark (anyone know anything about them? I presume that it's skip material) from a friend - I've had it since I was 5 years old (won a bike in a competition but they sent me an adult bike instead!). Been thinking of doing a similar thing to mine.

frinkmakesyouthink":30ehrjc1 said:
Rather handsome!

I've just received back my old Raleigh Aardvark (anyone know anything about them? I presume that it's skip material) from a friend - I've had it since I was 5 years old (won a bike in a competition but they sent me an adult bike instead!). Been thinking of doing a similar thing to mine.
Never heard of it, love to see it.

Some update on the Raleigh:I had a problem with finding a stem that fits.
In the pics is the original one, bit it is to long, I really don't like this lazy steering.
I have a few other 1" stems lying around, but the inner tube isn't the normal size 22,2mm, but 21,1mm.
I've been looking for such a stem, but couldn't find anything but race stems with negative raise and 50-60mm long.
So I had a 22,2 stem CNC'ed down to 21,1mm, and it works fine!
I also fitted another crank and ring with a better ratio (42-16).
Will make some pics next week.

So, finally a nice sunny day after months of snow and rain.
Nice day to take the Raleigh for a trip.
It rides very smooth and relaxed with the big tires and steel frame.
Perfect for cruising on the road and some flat forrest routes.
I still want to outline the lugs with some striping, but can't find this striping tape no more.
BITD you could buy this in any car shop, but I guess it isn't cool any more. ;)
I had a little problem with the back brake, the frame has no cable stop :? so I put a ring bolt in, and it works fine.

p4pb4687731.jpg

p4pb4687756.jpg

Back