Is it a bit mental to talk to strangers about retro bikes?

RichieB":3dwjlyrv said:
So now, if it's something I'm interested in, I subtly tell them that the newer bikes have come a LONG way in terms of comfort and light weigh and would really be worth a look. "Oh, and we could offer you a wee bit of a trade-in for that old steel thing you have back there. Salsa was sold a few years ago, and the new owners won't honour your warranty if anything ever happen to that bike...and parts for the fork aren't available anymore"

rb

Scoundrel...I like it! :D

A couple of years back I complimented a guy at some traffic lights in Clapham on his Klein Attitude. We got chatting and rode some way together.

Next time I saw him he was on a Litespeed or Merlin ti, so I did the same. Turned out he had a nice little stable and just loved bikes.

This was all Before Retro Bike, though, otherwise I'd have a given him a sticker!

Kestonian":1ioi3pdm said:
A couple of years back I complimented a guy at some traffic lights in Clapham on his Klein Attitude. We got chatting and rode some way together.

Next time I saw him he was on a Litespeed or Merlin ti, so I did the same. Turned out he had a nice little stable and just loved bikes.

This was all Before Retro Bike, though, otherwise I'd have a given him a sticker!

Back in the dark ages, BRB, like it :D

Just today went out with my kid in the park opposite my house, and ride past a guy on an Alpinestars Al Mega XT (non estay). Looked pretty tidy. But short of acosting his family outing with deranged comments as he went past, wasn't really sure whether to talk or not. Chasing after on my RC200 may have looked a bit freaky :?

Back