GT STS 1000DS Complete

Do you have the scans for the 1000-DS a bit bigger? I have made up my own versions of the STS-DH ones so could probably knock something up for the 1000-DS in the right colours if you could send me a decent scan? That assumes Gadro's not already done something similar.

No problems....whats your email address? I'll scan the 'STS' part in high res.... which colour do you want?

Sorry, what I meant was that if you wanted the correct model name in the correct colour, I might be able to sort something out for you. If you send me a scan of the purple "1000-DS" bit, I can have a go at putting it onto this instead of the "DH":

decal3.jpg

(and change the LTS to STS, obviously). If that might be useful, drop me a PM and I'll let you know the address to email the scan to. If you've already sorted something else out then no worries. :)

Its cool mate...thanks for the offer. Just finished putting the 'DH' decals on... probally will butcher them in a bit to say simply 'STS'..... they are a bitch to get on, the silvery stuff seems very brittle :?

Brittle? Really? Great. I've got that to look forward to then!

On a completely different subject, what size seatpost have you got in there? My cheap-and-nasty vernier is coming up with 30.4, but I don't really trust it anymore! :LOL:

Hmmmm... not 100% sure, always thought it was 31.6..i'll check for you.

Had to employ a gentl 'thumbing' action on the decals as they came off the film!! Really good set though, very pleased with the end result...I will post a pic in the next few days.

Ok....agony is setting in, small parts are needed to finish this off then I can get all that nasty 'clean' image off of it! To go are a Red Pace inner chainring mounted with SRP bolts, just need the spacers and another clear Onza grip which I have but can't be bothered to slip it off a set of bars in my Parts bin.

Just mounted a matching pair of Panaracer Spikes (weather appropriate!!) as I wanted to ride it without smashing a NOS SmokE/Dart combo. I am considering mounting some lighter coloured tyres to see what they look like?? Pinched some red ferrels on and gave it a rub.

The decals are the biggest addition. Albeit they state DH the bike is a 1000DS but I wanted this colour scheme as its the original the bike came with. They were an absolute sod to get on so once completed I clear matte coated them with some Tamiya stuff wich does'nt show at all and will hopefully keep them in good nick for the future.

Here is my boyhood dream (number 2 of 37), bit heavy on the pics and spec will follow on completion but for now here it is (excuse the Van in one pic, no idea where that came from?)

Panoramic attempt to get it a bit closer.....kinda works :? :

DSC03731Stitch.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

Spike rear was quite hard to come by and always found it odd this combo was size wise reversed from the Smoke/Dart idea:

DSC03730.jpg

Decals:

DSC03734.jpg

DSC03735.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

My other black bomber... in bent panoramic!

DSC03738Stitch.jpg

Thats it for now.... going to work on my Chill Pill key rings...!

DSC03744.jpg

Thats looking realy lovely mate,
The cranks look great there too!

Bet the Crossfire is a hoot in this weather :shock: :LOL:

Gc

Back