Where are the Muddy Foxes?

Muddy fox were aleays one of those brands that I never had BITD because 'everyone else had one' but not I wish I had. A bit like MK1 Fiesta XR2's, I'd look silly owning one now, wish I had had one then!

Oh! I like Press Gang too. :D

No not press gang (although i did watch it and funny to see Dexter on Bo Selecta! :LOL: )

No it was a CITV effort, but a gang of cycle couriers in ( I expect) London early 90's . Sure they all had Muddy Foxes. and tehre were loads of cool shots of wheels spinning as they whizzed though the streets. sure i'm not imagining it. Can't remember loads about it like..

As for XR2's, i did have one, but it was Retro by the time i got my mucky hands on it! :LOL:
Great Fun, most fun i ever had in a FWD

unreanimated1.jpg

RIP :cry:

Streetwise is the TV programme you're thinking of.

It was partly responsible for my desire to get a job as a cycle courier.

I didn't though!

Haha, streetwise...now that does bring back memories....

The Muddy Fox Courier was one of the first proper bikes i saw...so so cool at the time...

I have the 1989 catelogue somewhere...urm...let me see

Fuddy Moxes

i managed to shatter my right elbow on one in 1990 ish ....... came off at around 40mph ( from the Durris TV ariel down - Aberdeen locals will know ) had to walk and carry the bl##dy thing back to my car !! i was told that the chain jumped as i pushed my thumbie into top gear - there was zero clearance beween frame and tyre - so i did a brief superman impression - then first contact was between boulder and me elbow ...... ouch ...... 2 op's later ( pins, plates, wire , screws and a hinge thing - all titanium allegedly - i bought a Cannondale SM600 with the insurance money )

Jim'll Fix It - Muddy Fox

does anyone remember a episode of Jim'll Fix It where a kid got to ride a Muddy Fox?

might have been a titanium model, if memory serves me right

he got to keep it at the end of the show

Back