Marin Muirwoods 1989 REBUILD!, sunglasses recommended.

I was watching that one too, another one a few months back, which was the same size frame as mine totally original and vgc went for £100. hopefully the love for them will increase

originality of components is not too important to me either, which may be sacreligeous to say on here,lol, but part of the fun for me in mtbing in my younger days, and still is i suppose was saving up and buying new parts, the frame was also exactly the same as that used on the mid to higher end models so im told, drive train is all LX, apart from the white industry cranks, oh and a HG50 cassette, and virtually everything is NOS or VGC,so she is a little wolfish in sheeps clothes i like to think.

Thanks for the compliments

charlieboy

I've only just seen all this!

I'm touched that you decided to take my advice, and without taking any credit, you're much better off with the chosen route. Fantastic results so far. The more Black you add, the brighter and righter the Yellow looks.

I do feel you should go the whole hog, and get that stem painted to match the frame.

Thanks Benandemu, from a man who knows and loves his marins that means a lot, though i did curse you for a while when your decal man let me down,lol,
but then i understand too that it takes a lot of time and effort to repro decals with little financial return, unless you do it on a larger scale.

I would consider a black stem I think, but that was the anomoly with my bike in that it had black forks still with stickers intact and a black stem,
perhaps a syncros the big chunky type to match the oversize forks

have seen quite a few 89 Muirwoods now with both black stem black bar and yellow stems yellow bar, but all so far have had yellow forks, apart from that one in the catalogue.
mine also had a black seatpost, with silver clamp.
also the bike is far from original, only thing close are the seatpost and headset, though i like to thin kthere has been a bit of thought gone into all the parts and are Marin related.

chain is on now, and apart from setting up the gears shes ready to go, hoping for big snow ,as i think the porcs will make good snow tyres, and the frozen ground will stop her from getting too dirty, shhhhh dont tell anyone i said that

Thanks again Charlieboy

Back