What have you lost by being completely stupid

tintin40":11lryxc4 said:
Locked my Muddy Fox up by putting the lock round the site pin. Didn't take long before it was gone. What a gift. But they let the lock behind

i locked my zaskar wheel-to-frame in a rush to see a girl. i got back and had no bike, and the girl hadnt put out.

my arnette sunglasses i got off winking weasel.....went for a swim in the sea forgetting they were still on my head.after a 4ft and clean slapped me in the face they went on their merry way to norway coutesy of the north atlantic currents....spent hours looking for them. :?

I have a really cool pair of USE trials forks with detachable legs which I was going to polish so I removed the detachable disk mounts and put them in the old biscuit tin with all my detachable mech hangers and cable routing bits. . . as you do. And the mrs having a bit of a clear out throws the tin in the bin leaving me with 10 caanondale frames without mech hangers or cable routers and more importantly one very cool and rare fork with no break mounts!

Not bike related, but on a similar line to someone ELSE losing my things...

Years ago whilst in a house share, I bundled all my clothes into three black bin liners to take down the launderette - and left them in the hall, intending to take them down when I got back from work.

This was a Tuesday.

However, rather than coming straight home as planned after work, I ended up crashing at a mates after some ales, borrowing some threads off him in the morning and going straight in to work.

This was Wednesday morning.

The bins where I live get collected Wednesday morning.

You can see where I'm going here I'd imagine, but suffice to say that one of my house mates didn't realise the bags contained my clothes and put them in the wheelie bin thinking, reasonably enough, that they were rubbish bags that someone had been too lazy to put outside...

I got home, with a hangover, but no clothes.

Cheers Carlos, you git.

My leatherman
Was sitting on the coachroof of my mates yacht.slid off and into the drink :cry:
My mate Kevins cup went the same way,not too bad you might think ,its only a cup.but it was his cup on the whitbread round the world yacht race,poor fellow was devastated

Thought i wasn't cycling any more so throw away a bag 32 ti spokes :oops: Then a month later find this site

Back