Where are the Muddy Foxes?

Spikes

Retro Guru
Back in the day the Muddy Fox was quite popular with it's paws all over the tubes. They even made wheel covers with the logo to match. Didn't see them on Retrobike though (or I missed them). Any Foxes out there?

i was thinking the same thing today :shock: I had 4, 2 couriers, explorer. I broke one by going in to the back of a car and two were stolen. the Allu pro i sold

an '87 Courier whizzed past me today in London. Just like the one I had. Was in good nick too.

Pearl white with yellow jam jar label stickers.

Muddy Fox

Just about to build up a Muddy Fox interactive, bought main frame minus swingarm, and took another 18 months trying to find a swingarm. Main frame came from a garage clearout, via Ebay. The swingarm is nearly new from a bike shop.

From the ones I do see floating around still I think it's likely most of them have rotted. Some very poorly looking rusty examples about.

A friend of mine has an Aluminium in his parent's garage - seems strange to think that aluminium was once so uncommon that Muddy Fox named their aluminium bike the "Aluminium". It sat above the Explorer in the range. I think it's an '88 with U-brake and 6 speed Deore / XT mix. It came equipped with Suntour but we rebuilt it one sunny afternoon about ten years ago.

Although strictly don't have the budget for it,,, if a seeker mega or summat decent from that time came up (91?), i'd start selling! :D

rotted :cry:

Yeah baby!
mfoxdisc.jpg

Those were the days!

yeah baby indeed,

while we're on it,,, does anyone remember that Courier kids TV drama? can't remember the name, it was great. i think

Loved Press Gang !!

Hubby had an Explorer and broke the frame then became an Orbit man for a while. I'm awaiting an Explorer for the right price for those memory days, as well as a revell Romany.

Alison

Back