Ibis Mojo '95 - update 16-07-2014

Elev12k":b7s61qof said:
Why fear for bar ends with a particular bar? ...

I have quit a smooth riding style and never broke anything yet, though I take rough tracks every once and a while...., but the Ritchey WCS with bar-ends on didn't look that strong. It was a great bar, because it flexes quit a lot, without me losing trust in it, but the fastening of bar-ends made the bar deform and it looked like the beginning of breaking. :?

So, another option might be wishfull. I don't know if I'm going to hammer this bike down an offroad track as rough as I like, since I can pick an other bike for that, but you never know.

Thanks for the idea of a ControlTech. I just got some of the Bike Magazine Workshop 'catalogs' (german magazine) home from 1995 + 1996. Not all brands I know are in there, but I take a look in these to find out what was out there. The ControlTech should be in there also, perhaps with a type name.

smashford":3nq0seoi said:
You wouldn't believe the amount of times I come back to this thread for inspiration for mine! Beautiful bike!

Thanks on that one... that's nice to read... never knew I had it in me.. giving people inspiration :cool:

I found a Manitou 4 like NOS that's gonna fit the bike, I think. It needs some updating to bring it back to life (dead elasto's) and a new crown to make it fit, but when fitted it will stay there... I think
The EFC wasn't the right color match. You guys pointing that out where right.

The Joe's have to turn green, but I don't know when that's gonna be yet. I don't have that much time for a couple of months :( and a new girl (AMP/Mongoose) is asking for some attention :D

I hope to get these things done in not to much time. In a mean time I search the internet for the right bar to fit. The first Ritchey WCS (yeah the gold one) is still very adorable. though I have to put in some alu pieces to go with bar ends or just lose these ends completely, don't know yet..

I'll keep you updated when I have new pics and/or it's maiden ride.

A quick update

I didn't have much time last months to complete the bike, but I received some 'new' items to finish the build.

I bought some Joe's brakes and changed colors with kid1313 (for his realy nice Fat Ti), so he had his purple set complete. I got back some bleu green ones instead. Complete green ones are too difficult to find (searching for a couple of years now), so these are going for a re-ano. Maybe even this year... :?

And the fork is gonna be an Manitou 4, so the 3 has to go. Before realy changing it, I have to rebuild it. New elasto's are on their way to the Netherlands.

A couple of months back I bought the Ibis Ti bar from Scant and found some Paul Love Levers for canti's in green, so that might top of the build.

Hopefully the build will be finished in not to much time and perhaps enter BoTM by than.

:( The only thing at the moment is TIME..

:LOL: :cool: And in a mean time I finish the AMP to take it for a ride in a couple of weeks...

Attachments

• Ibis bar - Paul levers.jpg
    Ibis bar - Paul levers.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,468
  • Manitou 4.jpg
    Manitou 4.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,467
  • Joe's brakes F+R.jpg
    Joe's brakes F+R.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,467
Re:

After over 3 years searching the Bay and other places.....these came in yesterday thanks to a Ishaw !!

Attachments

• CR17A  (2).jpg
    CR17A (2).jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 386
Re:

mvd1974":90ytqnm6 said:
I’m the first owner of the frame, so seem to be kind of married to the frame. Always liked the ride. It’s soft and lively as a steel frame should be. The 1995 is nicer than my 2001 Mojo. Nicer craftmanship and even 200gr lighter than the 2001.

Geometry is slightly different: the older one has a 72.5degr seat angle and 22.75 effective top tube. 2001 is 73degr/23in eff. top tube.
Tubes are heavier, yes... but i believe the new one will have a stiffer rear end /better braking and .. more tire clearance. I have a small 00 mojo and the ride is soo good. My other bike is a fat chance so the bar is set high. Mojos have low bottom brackets so they hug the ground at high speeds. They absorb bumps and shock incredibly well.

Back