1994 SkyExpension

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi All,

This is a 1994 Koga Miyata SkyExpension. I picked it up yesterday. I am a very happy guy :D

503809383_a7c5c82b85_b.jpg

503809343_c4a59d3cee_b.jpg

503809331_bb10e6023d_b.jpg

It is my 2nd now. I already had the '95 model (finished it only 2 weeks ago). Pic of semi finished =>

SkyExpensionfinished.jpg

I am a really lucky guy owning both '94 and '95, as those bike are very rare. I am only missing '93 now. It was called RidgeRunner Suspension for that year.

When it comes on numbers this guy still beats me easily though :mrgreen: =>

greg17720.jpg

Greg Herbold raced those frames in DH events in the early/mid nineties.

Due to bike storage reasons I won't keep this baby as a complete bike. I will probably hang the frame on display somewhere. The XTR groupset will be offered for sale.

:p Gotta love Miyata's!

If I only had the space... Shame you are breaking it. I am intersted in the XTR levers/shifters and the canti's if you do decide to sell the bits.

A nice addition to a very cool collection!

Hi Stick,

I am currently not at the point of breaking the bike, but I will remember. Have to admit though that I have a slight preferance for selling the groupset as a whole.

When it comes on numbers this guy still beats me easily though

Yea but you're second. Nothing wrong with that. I wished I had your collection of bikes. Excellent taste.

Thanks all

Btw did anyone notice the rackmounts and the dynamo mount on the blue '94 one? :LOL: A bit a quirky feature for a 6700 guilders (over 3000 euros) costing rig that I would consider appropriate for DH only :? Weird guys the Japanese sometimes.

On the rear: The '94 model rear is made of steel and for the '95 year it of aluminium. The front triangle is of course carbon bonded to lugs. Shock is by Yamaha.

This review of the 1993 model is telling us the shock delivers 4cm travel. I have no idea how much that is at the rear wheel.

Latest posts

Back