Cycling Shorts and shaving

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Now i take it that we all ware cycle shorts when on our 'Retro' steads. But how about shaving those musclur legs? Is it a pure rodie thing?

I never shaved till jolly ol St Johns ambulance fixed up a injury at a race meeting. The day came to remove the big plaster. :shock: Instant pain of pulling all the hairs off my leg and opening the wound again. So now no hairs and slap on plenty warm up balm too.

I used to when I was a hardcore xc racerboy, now I can't be arsed, and would look a touch freaky unless I went for a full chest rug removal too, grown well with time. Then I would get cold in winter!!

Lycra short with shaved legs and baggies with hairy legs. I can´t stand hair with cycling shorts but I guess it all depends on how hairy you are.

yeah I still know a number of shavers, but for me, nope I'm afraid it just looks wrong when not frequenting bike circles.

Plus I wear shorts all year round so I think I owe it co workers not to.

But what you gotta ask is...

How high do they shave?

:shock:

I mean it's going to look a bit weird down the swimming pool if they stop just over the hem line of a cycling short isn't it?

Try explaining that to someone while standing in your speedos.

Disturbing.

:shock:

Funny story a mate of mine told me....

Him and a friend were both quite into riding, Dunk is not hairy and being borderline ginger they don't show up anyway, the other guy is like f*cking chewbacca however. So this guy shaves up to his knee area while wearing 3/4 length lycra in the winter. Come the summer they head off to France so the shorter shorts requite this guy to shave his legs a bit higher. First day in France his newly exposed lower thigh and top of knee get roasted by the french sun. So that night when their showering he's showing off his lobstered knee area, while his lower legs are normal coclour and his upper thigh area is still wookie hairy...they nicknamed him the neopolitan..not a good look.. :LOL:

Back