Cool Wall - Spinergy Wheels

Cool Wall - Spinergy Wheels

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No advantage so it's only for aesthetics. No thanks - seriously uncool. Would rather a pair of no name hubs on no name rims.

I raced on some of these for a season BITD and they were terrible,super flexy,heavy and the bearings didn't last long and whats with the pop-rivets holding them together?
They also used to get sticks trapped in them sending you over the bars,so not only are they uncool they also make you look like a prat!

No advantage so it's only for aesthetics. No thanks - seriously uncool. Would rather a pair of no name hubs on no name rims.
Come on man, the only reason to be into retro bikes is the aesthetics, it's the CNC'd bits and quirky designs that keep us hooked, if we were just looking for things that functioned properly we'd have one of these bland clones they're chucking out today!

RAFbikes":1reyzasg said:
Come on man, the only reason to be into retro bikes is the aesthetics, it's the CNC'd bits and quirky designs that keep us hooked, if we were just looking for things that functioned properly we'd have one of these bland clones they're chucking out today!

:LOL: , good point really. Funny how other cool wall entrants have been voted cool because of their aesthetics where as these are getting voted uncool for the same reason...

John":3ac5tj64 said:
RAFbikes":3ac5tj64 said:

:LOL: , good point really. Funny how other cool wall entrants have been voted cool because of their aesthetics where as these are getting voted uncool for the same reason...

But they look sh1te ;)

MJN":m3td59kl said:
John":m3td59kl said:
RAFbikes":m3td59kl said:

But they look sh1te ;)

very succinctly put :LOL: they are the cycling equivalent of the whale tale spoiler. Which is why they look good on GT's :LOL:

I don't think they're cool. I don't think any Carbon wheels are cool, I'm a spokes man myself, but I do have a soft-spot for a good tension disc.

I don't think the images of them are helping. That GT should be on Spins and the Corratec is too modern.

Try this:

vertpx6.jpg

John":1rskxsr2 said:
RAFbikes":1rskxsr2 said:

Ok ok :LOL: Was being a bit too harsh I think. Still don't like them though :LOL:

cool because they are relatively different. However, i think they are hideous.

Prefer Spin's. Although I think they are fairly hideous too.

Still think both are cool though.

:?

Back