rocky mountain fusion

MJN":38oqghho said:
Chop it! Half assed ss jobs with tensioners look :roll: or get an ENO hub for the same clean look,a slack chain will eventually catch you out :shock:

Pipe down Marcus! :LOL:

it was supposed to be getting chopped today but i had a stinking hangover. phoned the welder and he did too. she lives for another week

Hi there chap

I am still riding my fusion almost stock from 1998 it's had a damn good life racing and cross country all over the peak, It is now less active but I still love riding it to work, dodging through the traffic is great. I want to convert her to a single speed as you have done and my I say a very nice job to. I do need a free wheel hub as mine has just seized after 11 years not bad eh, do you have any contacts or indeed do you have one??? that i could purchase from you.

Hi legacy. Thanks for kind words. Is it a rear hub you need or the freehub body that bolts to the hub? That is the part the rear cogs sit on and has the ratchet mechanism for the freewheel inside. If that is what you need then you can get them from chain reaction cycles and probably most bike shops

Thanks for the reply

Yes it is the freehub that I need, I took it to my local bike hut but they had never seen one with such a big thread on it as mine has, I think it's because the rocky mountian one is silent it does not click.

Oo not sure then! Best bet is to start a thread in the retro mtb section- someone will be able to help

Legacy555":1c9ia3cp said:
Hi there chap

I am still riding my fusion almost stock from 1998 it's had a damn good life racing and cross country all over the peak, It is now less active but I still love riding it to work, dodging through the traffic is great. I want to convert her to a single speed as you have done and my I say a very nice job to. I do need a free wheel hub as mine has just seized after 11 years not bad eh, do you have any contacts or indeed do you have one??? that i could purchase from you.

Another fusion hey!got any pics up of it? :D

quick update.

ordered and received my fixed sprocket for the disc mount from velosolo. i went for the 15 tooth version which requires "special bolts" to clear the chain. they are just countersunk bolts so there is very little contact on the sprocket but it seems sound enough.

good news is that somehow the chainline seems bang on for both sprockets, even after changing bottom bracket and cranks. happy? oh yes.

i can report that you cant ride fixed with a slack chain.

the cranks have gone back to the khs so i have slammed on some lx cranks and a 42 tooth ring for now as that is the only combination i can get to work without bits hitting the frame or having to use a 32 tooth ring. i planned th up the rear sprocket to 18 tooth to help but i can only find 3 16's. grr.

it has made my commute in the snow hard work.

as for the brakes, i'm starting to really like them and i think they are staying put.

swapped the seatpost for a nice canadian offering. hopefully bars and stem will go the same way. also replaced my good flite with this one as the people in the shop next door keep moving my bike and propping it up against the wall by the saddle

comments welcome

160311w.jpg

2mgwgb6.jpg

Back