• raucherkette's Whiskeytown Lite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SF Klein's Klein Attitude

• DrS' Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• Total voters
clockworkgazz":232zq09q said:
:LOL: he actually asked me yesterday if I would biuld him a bike and when I asked him what type he said BMX! :LOL:

d'oh!

He'll learn.

Really strong month, srprsing to see two bikes have pulled out so far in front so quickly :?

I'd usually go with a bike I lusted after in the late 80s/early 90s or one that I've seen ridden at a meet recently. That would put the Vit T, Breezer and Marin Ti well in the frame. And lovely as they are I found myself strangely drawn to the corduroy coloured Fuquay and, in particular, the Tamarac.

I'd never heard of, let alone seen, a Tamarac until OWMTBC in September when this exact model turned up (but not Philippe's). The finish is amazing and positively glows in twilight. And the forks are wild and, apparently, probe to losing their canti bosses under braking. But the combo of the great looks and evocative paint mean that's where my eye is drawn.

So, got to be the Tamarac for me.

bushpig":ayntk4vf said:
jonnyboy666":ayntk4vf said:
i really like the 1st breezer and the mountain goat and SF klein's klein but they were not bikes that i knew of back in the day, the one i wanted back in the day was the vit t, suprise surprise! :LOL:

i think tallpaul has done a good quality no frills or fuss riders bike there and it is the one i would like to own so that's where my vote is going.

out of curiosity though, the mantis and the mountain goat, have these been restored or found in a sealed glass box? no offence meant though, the reason i ask is because i wonder if any effort of restoration has gone in to these by the owners or if they were found/bought as they are pictured. it seems these rare bikes seem to turn up in the US unused more often than overhere :( but i like to know that the bikes have been used (maybe abused) then restored as opposed to unused other than a talking point from new.

Check the linked picture of the bike in its original state. It was ridden hard by Richard Cunningham and put to bed wet. It has been restored from end to end. (the restoration parts are better than the originals but finding an NOS Suntour 5000 kit would have to be near impossible.

http://tastydirty.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2626

again, that's the type of answer i like, good to know it has been used and has some cool history :D

There's two bikes on there that I would love to own, the Newsboy and the Mantis. The newsboy is far too big for my little legs and so is out of the running (same reason why Jodie Kidd is no longer in the running to be my girlfriend - too tall).

So for that reason, along with the nuts and bolts restore, attention to detail and lovely colour, I'm going to have the Mantis as my next dream bike.

Back