'93 Apex, new bits and rebuilt :-)

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Hi there, been riding this for a while now, first Diamondback I have owned and I love it!
It's a 93 Apex with full 96'ish XT groupset, I never liked this groupset when it came out but I have grown to like it and like it alot.
Also has a mint set of Rockshox Indy SL's on the front with long travel kit and hard springs (suits my weight).
Finished off with a Kalloy post and bars, Exustar pedals, Zoom Stem, Yeti foam grips, rear CNC machined brake booster, and some generic seat.
Now has Maxxis Larsen TT 2.0's front and back, but will change to 1.9's since I like them alot more.
Only thing I want to finish this bike off is some indicators for the shifter/brake combo's.... i recently found out that the same model but shifter only model, the indicators aren't the same! :?

Attachments

• Diamondback1.JPG
    Diamondback1.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 3,906
  • Diamondback2.JPG
    Diamondback2.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 3,906
  • Diamondback3.JPG
    Diamondback3.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 3,906
Please be kind :D
I know it's not period correct, however I wanted to build something sturdy and reliable that I can litterally go out riding everyday on, which I do...
Oh and the Indy SL's were always something I wanted... and you don't see many around.

I had one of them, raced it for a season or so then upgraded it to a DB Response Elite.

Awesome bike for the money.

I like it. I have a soft spot for old DB's, being that I still have my first proper mountain bike - a Topanga.

Yeah it's my fav bike... wish I had have owned it back in the days!
I might be able to get a set of the original DB handlebars, the ones that are on there give me sore wrists after a long ride...

had a blue one a few years ago
liked it a lot ,but then the b/b threads rusted out :cry:
a mate bought it of me and araldited a b/b in it and hacked it for a few years ,need to see what happened to it

nice bike m8

So i have changed a few things... put the original forks back on, tioga headset, T-bone stem, now has full 737 groupo. Also added some ano red q/r's and chainring bolts. Only thing left to do is find some ano black diamond back bars, put the foam grips I have for it on and Thompson post, also once the 2.0 Larsens wear out going to replace them with 1.9's as I like the smaller ones better. This is my daily rider, I ride to work come rain, hale or shine. Also go out riding Wed's, Sat and Sundays. I love this bike :D

Attachments

• Apex.JPG
    Apex.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 3,405
  • Apex (2).JPG
    Apex (2).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 3,405
  • Apex (3).JPG
    Apex (3).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 3,405
  • Apex (4).JPG
    Apex (4).JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 3,405
that frame looks familiar... i originally had this about a year ago. the bars were the at3 style DB bars and you are more than welcome to have these to complete the build.

very good to see it being used as it should be.

pm me if you want them, cheers

Back