GT Team RTS (modern rig) - and RTS-1 (retro rig)

RTS - spins

Thanks, from what I've seen on retrobike so far, they are a bit like marmite!

marmite they may be but if anyone says they look bad on an rts then they are wrong. its the law.

i really like both your gt's. i dont have a problem with modern bits on old frames anymore but i dont think the forks suit it from an aesthetic point of view. i'm sure it rides well and the rest is great, its just the forks stick out at me.

impressed with the rts 1

I know what you mean, but it is difficult to get good retro forks. That's the reason I got the crosslinks as these are retro chic (or way ahead of their time) but they mess with my riding position too much. Anything else just seems to be too flexy when braking. Giving myself some credit, I did try to get as old a set of fox forks as I could.

I would ideally like an older school XTR chainset as well, but in the current economic climate I'm not sure I can stretch to it sadly, though I do have a blue annodised Use seat post to add to the RTS-1 once I can get a shim to fit.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ian

i understand the fork problem 100%

If the kore post is about to be surplus to requirements i'd be interested for my rts ;)

Rock Fox?

I like the idea, perhaps when they need their next service I'll give this some thought :LOL:

RTS-1 updated pics

I've been quietly updating my RTS-1 and whilst I am still doing so (have a Kore Elite stem, Use bars with integrated blue bar-ends, flite saddle and some 98 Sids to add to it), I thought I'd update this thread with some pics of the bike so far. I've got some new decals from Gil_M on it (though I may change the colour of these soon - comments welcome on this).

Let me know what you think of it so far, and if the bits I plan to add meet with your approval.

Ian

Attachments

• RTS-1-Retro-small.jpg
    RTS-1-Retro-small.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4,165
Decals look good as they are in my mind. Planned upgrades sound good. I'm always a bit unsure of using more modern forks on an older frame but i'm sure you know what you are doin. I still think your wheels would look better on my bike!

Latest posts

Back