South & West Midlands Chat and rides

ededwards":2ggmbn9k said:
Long Mynd today, with a descent of Minton Batch could make the basis of a really good group ride although you have to like climbing!

Anybody local to there fancy organising something?

T'is a great ride, you are right though, you do need to like going up more than down. :D

I'd love to organise a ride over that way, but I just don't have the time due to work 'stuff'.

I measure long term planning in hours rather than weeks these days! :roll:

I'd love to organise a ride over that way, but I just don't have the time due to work 'stuff'.

Maybe we can take you up on that later in next year when you might have more time? Be great to get some different locations for our regional rides?

Maybe. Work commitments aren't likely to change for the foreseeable future (read year or so! :roll: )

Maybe when the days get a bit longer.

Evening all,

I hope you have all noticed the Launch of the 2010 Retrobike Calender

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82003

Lots of Goodies in our area for 2010 including the HONC which dont forget the enties open on the 2nd of Jan and fill up VERY quick ( 4 days last time if I remember correct).

Our Usual well supported superb Forest of Dean ride which never fail to deliver a top days riding from our entertaining guides.

And not forgetting Mountain mayhem and Turkey Twizzler being in our region.

Lets also not forget there is nothing stopping us having small get-togethers away from the limelight. Maybe we can take it in turns to show our local loops? :D

So come on people, Lets get it started for 2010!!! :cool:

Hi daj- I think Ed said he hoped to organise something in the Forest of Dean in the New Year. Have also heard mention of a waymarked trail starting from behind the cycle centre there.

I have a couple of rides in our area from a book of routes - one is 25 miles in the Tintern/Redbrook area with 2 long climbs - 800 and 600 feet - have quite fancied that one for a while but have not tried it yet - might be fun!

Have also heard mention of a waymarked trail starting from behind the cycle centre there

That be the Enduro course from Sept :D It pretty good be that

CAS":3fpvkkl2 said:
I have a couple of rides in our area from a book of routes - one is 25 miles in the Tintern/Redbrook area with 2 long climbs - 800 and 600 feet - have quite fancied that one for a while but have not tried it yet - might be fun!

Sounds great, give plenty of notice and hopefully can round up some people? :D

Back