C16RS

Graeme":12ipvuf2 said:
what would you pay for a decent condition C16R frame? I wont sue anyone. I have no idea.

I just paid GBP100 for a Matt Black 19" C16R frame, F7 forks and a coupla bits.. It's in great shape, no dings, no rust, nasty scratches etc.. Cannot wait to get it :cool:

kingroon":lz1stk04 said:
I just paid GBP100 for a Matt Black 19" C16R frame, F7 forks and a coupla bits.. It's in great shape, no dings, no rust, nasty scratches etc.. Cannot wait to get it :cool:

Ok, that's a start. I'm awaiting pics, I'll make a judgement.

When is yours arriving?

Graeme":1sr7zf37 said:
When is yours arriving?

Maybe sometime next week, but it's going to my folks' place the UK and I'm in Aus. so I won't get to see it until November :roll:

PM me your email and I'll send you some photos over..

Straight from Orange:

Hi Graeme,

R & RS is the build spec. the frames are the same…

Hope this help.

Kind regards

Rachel

Sales

So that's it.

[/i]

C16R(S)

Hi Graeme,

Interested in this thread as I've recently bought a C16R with STX RC groupset, not sure about the frame price but the whole bike I bought was £150 - in great condition. It's interesting to find out that Orange named the different specs differently, but C16R or even C16RS are rubbish names for a fantastically frisky bike.
I tried out some quite expensive bikes at Sherwood Pines last weekend including a £1000 Focus but they didn't feel as quick up the hills as the Orange.
By the way there have been some similar bikes on the bay going for around the same price as I paid and a Retrobike member sold his Clockwork for £120 last week.

My Clockwork (complete bike) was £127 on eBay if that helps.
Condition is important when putting a value on a C-16 frame - if a respray is required then the price drops considerably.

JS1500":12w0jyz2 said:
My Clockwork (complete bike) was £127 on eBay if that helps.
Condition is important when putting a value on a C-16 frame - if a respray is required then the price drops considerably.

Thanks, yes that does help. My P7 cost £220 complete so I'm struggling to come up with more than about £40 for the C16R(S) frame, even if it turns out to be in good nick.

Re: C16R(S)

thd":2lhav0ay said:
Hi Graeme,

Interested in this thread as I've recently bought a C16R with STX RC groupset, not sure about the frame price but the whole bike I bought was £150 - in great condition.

Apparently this one is stickered as a C16RS and came with Quadra 21 R forks. I'm waiting for pics.

Thanks for price guide.

Back