Orange P7 -97

captain8track

Retro Guru
Handing this over to a friend who's going to use for some multisporting, this should be head on. I'm just concerned that it's to small for him...

Talked to him at lunch, and built it up an hour later with some Lx/ Tioga- Mavic wheels, Judy SL (9:cool:, xt -v's, xt shifters, NOS Club roost judy yellow grips,xt cassete and Kore stem and Flat pedals cause he wants to use running shoes...

It's acctually lighter then it looks, and if this was 97 this would be a great racer!

Attachments

• DSC00121.JPG
    DSC00121.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,658
thanks

should be fun to put on the full xt kit, some spd's and flip the stem for some real looks, but I'll spare the effort for my other projects...
the bike rides very well, the fork felt a bit boppy at first but I rode it on monday night for a real bash and it impressed me, only 63mm travel but very plush and not as flexy as I remembered them to be...

Very, very nice. :cool: Usually I'd shout and stamp my feet if I saw an RS fork on an Orange, but for some reason, in this case, the yellow grips kind of make up for it.

I think I need a lie down! :?

forkish

had a lot of problem with the yellow tone of the fork, cause it has had some sun fading, used some laquer cleaner for cars, and that worked but it's a lot more in your face yellow now then original...

it's going to be fun seeing this bike battered in the hands of my friend...

just hope he doesn't rip the fork, it really felt light!

damm

I miss it, I miss it badly.

tried different steelframes but the P7 is better then all thoose lightweight tange thingys, it even sounds better when hit by gravel...

Going to telephone my friend and offer him a trade on a Kona alu frame hopefully he's on board...

p7

hi fingers
would you be so kind and show me pics of the 97 clockwork you have
i recently purchased one and need to compare
much appreciated
malc

Back