Glentress Duathlon anyone?

Hi guys

Maybe a little too soon for me; I'm not expecting to be off the crutches until New Year :? However, if I am up to running by the racedate, we shall see (I won't tell the Doc otherwise he'll have a coronary :D )

Did a few duathlons when I was in Cyprus of this sort of length but IIRC they were run-bike-run events (5km-12km-5km). Looks like this event has missed off the second run -BONUS! :cool: Good job as well because trying to run after having just belted it on the bike makes you look like you have legs made of jelly :?

Good luck to the guys who are entering and maybe I'll be there if my fitness allows

Rhys

Run around Glentress with loads of steep hills, ride around Glentress with loads of steep hills on a single speed, impressive but frankly stoopid :shock:

Take gears and plenty of them I say, suspension might be good, not that I'd know, because when your tired you need incompetence buffers :LOL:

Kaiser sells it well so I might still take part but I'll be doing it in the just out for a run/ride in the countryside approach, racings for others ;)

Haggis, I know your trying to get fitter but killing yourself on an SS could be counter productive ;)

velomaniac":msa67fcu said:
Run around Glentress with loads of steep hills, ride around Glentress with loads of steep hills on a single speed, impressive but frankly stoopid :shock:

Take gears and plenty of them I say, suspension might be good, not that I'd know, because when your tired you need incompetence buffers :LOL:

Kaiser sells it well so I might still take part but I'll be doing it in the just out for a run/ride in the countryside approach, racings for others ;)

Haggis, I know your trying to get fitter but killing yourself on an SS could be counter productive ;)

you may have a point there Velo. I might go round the course when i get onshore just to try it out and let you guys know how i get on.

I'm good to go, haggis I reckon spaces will fill up after christmas. Keep fit malarky an all that.

So who else is up for it?

Thats me entered now anyway, almost forgot for a while. Better start doing a bit of running now i guess :LOL:

like they say about golf- a good walk wasted, this for me will be a good bike ride wasted.

Best Scottish dragon accent " .......and that's why I'm out!"

have fun lads.

Apparently this can be done as a relay so I've got a deal for one of you. I make mistakes on a bike when i'm knackered so I'm prepared to do the run half if someone else wants to do the bike bit.

I'll email the organisers to confirm this is possible but that way we can have more folks involved :D

velomaniac":1tbrml48 said:
Apparently this can be done as a relay so I've got a deal for one of you. I make mistakes on a bike when i'm knackered so I'm prepared to do the run half if someone else wants to do the bike bit.

I'll email the organisers to confirm this is possible but that way we can have more folks involved :D

Thats a sterling offer Velo :cool:

Relay team is fine, £10 entry for me £10 for my race partner, so who wants the honour.

I do the hard part and get totally knackered (I'm a useless runner) and my partner then does the bike bit which should be more fun. Aparently there are 10 other teams so far entered.

Go on someone, you know you want to ;)

Back