1996 Bontrager Privateer - NOW COMPLETE!

if they're RSTs, then they're the nicest RST's ever with a lovely alloy steerer and an all-up weight (one elastomer stack missing) of 2.87lb....

It's a 96 Judy SL isn't it? I'm surprised the frame weighs as much as 5.6lbs less bb and headset cups, even though it's a fairly large size. bb and headset cups = c0.8lbs? frame = c4.8lbs? tubes welded together by Trek weigh the same as tubes welded together by KB's lads. Are you sure your scales aren't over-reading? (Your Kilauea weighs more than I expected too.)

Agency_Scum":q9lco9un said:
...that's gotta be the BEST paint scheme Keith ever did...

Don't know if it's the best he ever made, but it's sure damn pretty... Maybe that's the reason Judy fell for Keith.. :D

I'm looking forward to see the complete build with the black parts on. Would do magic with the frame colour and black banners on it. :cool:

i wouldn't hold your breath for completion! It may take me a while. Anthony - i'm going to try and find another scale to try. The headset is a fairly nice fsa one so shouldn't be too porky

Try Bike's digi scales or wait until the wheel building session on Wednesday and Andy can bring his scales mate. Sorry about thinking it was an RST, it was the top cap adjusters that threw me... :oops:

Oooooh so it is....... I wonder what year mine is then..... where did you get the brochure from fella, I wouldn't mind finding out what year my race lite is too! Thanks mate

Back