NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

No worries Andy- Titecs were the better choice.

Richie- don't waste money on Ti bottle bolts, they are actually heavier than alloy! Plastic bolts are the ultimate weight weenie option for yer bottle bosses. ;)

Dr S":1iywo107 said:
No worries Andy- Titecs were the better choice.

Richie- don't waste money on Ti bottle bolts, they are actually heavier than alloy! Plastic bolts are the ultimate weight weenie option for yer bottle bosses. ;)

never knew that mate, might save a fortune and go for alu then........not obsessed with weight, just have a Ti fetish for some reason :oops:

Don't go for alloy bolts in structural areas such as stems. Ti is OK, steel is better if you are a little heavy handed like me. Ti is good for calipers, cantis, mechs etc and alloy is good for levers, shifters, chainring bolts etc.

Be safe before bling!

saltyman wrote
...not obsessed with weight, just have a Ti fetish for some reason :oops:

"Yep...I know that feelin" ;)

I'm actually worrying that after all my years of avoiding carbon fibre like the plague, its about to develop into another serious fetish too.

Why can't I get excited about cheap stuff? My c/cards hate me at the moment and I haven't even started on Christmas presents yet. :?

only had one carbon bike ( s-works stumpjumper fsr) simply awesome.....

i have a feeling my craving for Ti will exceed anything i have ever had before.

looking for a retro Ti bike for commuter/gym bike........but my aim is to get a dekerf titanium.

toons":12shu75t said:
Si, when you next biking?

Wednesday night with the locals and Sunday 27th in Dalby with the NE&Yorks massif. I'll be riding retro in Dalby- hopefully the Shock-a-Billy if I get it finished. Room in the van if you fancy it.

Back