Help identify this Suntour kit.

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
Bought a 'Suntour XC Pro' gruppo of another forum a while back. Realised at the time most of it wasn't XC Pro (some XC Expert and X-1) - it was cheap enough not to matter. However I'm struggling to identify some parts. I think most of it maybe X-1 which I seem to remember was around about '89.

Cantis

y9jgxc.jpg

Pedals (c/w greaseguard sticker so they maybe XC Pro)

y9jgxb.jpg

Brake levers and plastic-y shifters

y9jgxd.jpg

Any ideas?

'XC LTD' I think was the plasticky lower-mid range groupo of the time.
Some of the non XC-PRO stuff might be that

The brake levers look like my XC PRO ones , so do the canti's (although I think some components were possibly shared)... had an old Stumpjumper ('91) with XC-PRO gruppo the last thing surving Suntour component still in use is the seatpost & cranks!

HI,

THE BRAKE LEVERS AND GEAR SHIFTERS ARE FOR SURE XC PRO . I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE CANTIS . I HAD THAT STUMPJUMPER AS WELL AND IT WAS GREAT . I WOULD NOT MIND FINDING ONE TO REBUILD IT ! :roll:

The shifters are definitely not XC-Pro, although they look it from the pics. I've a pair of 7 and 8 spd XC-Pro thumbies and these definitely don't match.

As for the cantis, levers and pedals if they're XC-Pro that'd be sweet.

tangent":14af2i2p said:
had an old Stumpjumper ('91) with XC-PRO gruppo the last thing surving Suntour component still in use is the seatpost & cranks!

91 stumpy. Sweet :D . I'm still riding mine, just rebuilding it as s/s.

jez-2-many-bikes":1g9gkowi said:
I have a pair of xc pro thumbies for sale - 23 posted?

:D Naaah. I'm fine thanks Jezza. 3 pairs of suntour thumbies is enough for any man.

Back