early Marin

Ransetsu

Retro Guru
just found out that my boss rides a very early 80's Marin ..... he doesn't know the model , but it's duck-egg blue and almost all original ( he says ) I will get some pics tomorrow and get all you experts on the case ! think i'll have to make him an offer he can't refuse if it's in good order .... i've seen it from a distance - it has a "sit-up and beg" stem - short - very small diameter tubing ...... looks like bike number 4 if he agrees to sell :)

The '87 or '88 (think it was the '87 - yeah it was as the '88 one was red.) Palisades was a gorgeous deep aqua/ turquoise/ blue (not sure what duck egg blue is as I've only ever seen duck egg yellow) with that great Marin logo on the head tube and decals in black.

if that helps.

old Marin ..

it is an aqua blue colour - i think the decals are either very dark blue or black right enough ..... he's being difficult and refusing to sell it to me anyway ..... humbug !

there was an inside back cover advert from a Bicycle Action mag from late '87 with Joe Murray riding one at the camera.

Marin had such good graphics that year. Nice head tube logo too.

Will try and dig it out tonight.

try and get a pic of it none the less.

:)

Wu-Tangled":38znym5p said:
..yeah it was as the '88 one was red...

I had an '88 [second ever MTB].. Loved it.. Exage Trail I think.. Red frame, Black forks.. :cool:

kingroon":14w92zy6 said:
I had an '88 [second ever MTB].. Loved it.. Exage Trail I think.. Red frame, Black forks.. :cool:

and such nice small subtle graphics like Spesh in '87.

I liked that Head tube Marin logo, befor that rubbish star and teh bear and the rounded typeface.

I liked marins then.

Wu-Tangled":2h9g7u1u said:
I liked marins then.

Me too.. Didn't even mind them when they went fluro in 88/89.. The Palisades was a nice blue colour.. Same as the Fisher Celerity that year.. Hmm.. How expensive is reminiscing.. :LOL:

Back